car stuttering

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
well come on peeps

car starts stuttering for what seem no reason!
no over heating.
oil is good
no cream lying around
poss blue smoke from exhaust (not masses, just slight)
fuel is fine

wont have to time to look into things for a few days poiss summit like thurs.

as you all know most prob sort it, and know most things around these engines but.

see what you lot come up with :)

cheers

was driving around fine collecting things. and it seemed to be only when pressing the accelerator it started to struggle as if it wasnt getting fuel, then stuttering sumtimes cutting out as if no fuel supply.

Mine used to do this wayne! I gave her a new set of HT leads and new plugs and it sorted the problem! Could may be some dampness in one of the caps from the dizzy or the HT lead is not correctly on the coil!

Daz :alien:

There needs to be a sticky or guide or something for basic engine problems. The MA engines are no different to any other carbed/single coil/distributor engine, and it's normally pretty hard working out over the internet what is wrong with a car.... but a simple flowchart and a few spare bits can normally sort it out in minutes, or get someone who knows what they are doing.

Andrew said:
There needs to be a sticky or guide or something for basic engine problems. The MA engines are no different to any other carbed/single coil/distributor engine, and it's normally pretty hard working out over the internet what is wrong with a car.... but a simple flowchart and a few spare bits can normally sort it out in minutes, or get someone who knows what they are doing.

ah right so no point asking u then.

------------------------------------

the rest of u guys
aye just checking if anything abnormal came up ;)

lol
leads and plugs etc will be checked as per norm ;)

carb is fine.. ill give it my tester to be sure!!

:p

well. bluesmoke = knackered engine, so that never helps.

possible fuel filter problem, also blockage in carb, timing could have something to do with it as wel if its to retarded.

ran perfectly fine this morning aswell.

yeah slim. i cant guarentee blue smoke as of yet as i aint seen it myself. i mentioned it simply because chie said it was about a week ago o_O lol

only thing i can think of was due to fuel getting low it picked up some grit or dirt in the line, as now it runs perfectly - for the time being.lol

nop it not when engien is under strain :)

as said it has only happened the one time when fuel was getting low. so think it was simply grit in the lines.

shall see when it starts misbehaving untill theni cant check for ne thing. thus why i asked :)

have you changed the filter since it got low? I've ran and MA until the tank was bhone dry several times and never had any problems - however, it could be because i have been lucky and not dragged any crap though.

Back