can anyone dig up any info on this amplifier?

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Can anyone find any information no my amp?? as far as i can tell there isn't a mention of it on the web anywhere??

that can't be right surely, someone somewhere has manufactured it/distributed it, there is no mention anywhere!!

It's a jackhammer kA 754 1000w ampifier, i have attached a picture, otherwise i own a one in a milion amp? fwn

Gonna get rid soon, along with my subs and box, to start a fresh system, but need specs to sell it on, thanks again guys

I'm the Google Master™ and I can't find much useful on it. It's probably rebadged cheap import stuff so hard to say.

sorry andrew but they are far from a rebadged cheap import..

batch dude. they are produced by MTX audio.

search via these you will find that MTX are actually quite a highly recalled company!!
they originated through their 22" sub.
when i have more time ill dig some stuff up for ya!

i believe ne ways :p

It's almost certainly a dodgy import riding on the back of MTX (who are a respected company) making massive subs called "Jackhammers". The logo is cheap stick on vinyl letters, and totally different to MTX's "Jackhammer" logo. They've never made amps that look like that either.

that dont look stuck on. it looks like it is outed out withtthe mesh behind
i know mtx did make a few jackhammer amps (was not mass produced) but the mtx are majorly thunder amps.

give them guys a call as it may also be a cappy cover made by an ebay user using the name automaster as a front page

It's a jackhammer kA 754 1000w

:upside:

Will give them a bell, see what they say. cheers guys. just seemed wierd that i couldn't find pictures or a direct reference anywhere!

perhaps there weren't many made?!

It's a cheap lookalike.

MTX are a respectable company and make some nice equipment. Someone else has just stolen the name.

Sorry to tell you that!

What is the rating of the fuse? Then I can work out if it is a cheap ripoff or not :)

The true MTX equipment does not have 'cooling fan' written on and a cooling fan, and also dont have VU meters.

If you have a look on ebay you'll see quite a few which are a similar setup to this, one of them being the..........

MC Hammer Amp

I kid you not! Something stupid like 1600w, with a 15A fuse.

BS or what!

found a 1500W one on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796&item=5779841194&rd=1

Quickdraw - red = 10A

I still say its a cheap ripoff.

I saw a picture of another Ebay amp the other day, with a 15A fuse (purple) re-labelled as a 100A fuse!

yeah but were it show or say about what fuses?
i cant see em or read about it
edit: i can now see me. but how the hell can u tell they are red they look more purple to me :S

Guys, it's not an MC hammer amp, that i know for sure, it's not like that picture.

It's Chrome finish jackhammer written across it in red (bought about 4-5 years ago when MC Hammer stuff wasn't in production), two 30A fuses (the power lead is 8 guage but that's because my 4 guage is in the Micra and i currently have the setup in my clio) What does two 30 ampers equate to in amplifier terms?

confusing no?

however, on second reflection they look almost identical, if you were to cover the mc hammer amp in a sheet of chrome?? even the veins on the side can be seen through the cut-outs in the chrome on mine?

I'm gonna have a real root around and see if i can find the box somewhere, although i'm not hopefull that i kept it at all?

Im confused, someone calculate how much two 30 ampers are worth power wise for an amp.

We'llget to the bottom of this, somehow!

As you see, if you look more closely, things get a bit more interesting. And that was only a random amp to mention, I didnt intend on pairing yours and the mc hammer amp up!

60A of fusing works out at a total theoretical maximum of around 860wrms, but I wouldnt believe that for a second....

However for the £60 odd it is on ebay, I wouldnt mind testing one of the mc hammer amps and see how it performs when scoped and tested on a power meter!

Fella, if you fancy a trip down to Birmingham you're welcome to hook it up :)

Still, 860w isn't too bad, better than i expected, it does power my subs without much effort, even when i'm using the 8 guage wiring (the plastic covering on the wire is going clear so i presume it's getting quite hot at times :/ but that's my own stupid fault!)

Still probably get rid as i want to go digital

Oh yeah, just quickly, how does this sound for a digital spec?

Power Output

Max Power: 1800W @ 2 ohms
RMS Power: 500W x 1 @ 4 ohms
THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: 0.08%
RMS Power: 900W x 1 @ 2 ohms
Features

Ultra Efficient Class D Circuitry
MOSFET Power Supply
1 Ohm Stable
Torroidal Noise Suppression Filter
Copper EE Core Power Transformer
Dual Secondary Capacitors
Ground Isolation Input Circuit
Detachable Aluminum Dress Plate & Top Panel Control
Die-Cast Aluminum Heat Sink
Variable (50 - 200 Hz) 18 dB / Octave Low-Pass Crossover
Switchable (Off / 15 / 25 Hz) 18 dB / Octave Subsonic Filter
Gold-Plated Preamp Inputs and Outputs
High and Low Level Inputs
2 Ohms Mono Stable
Red Triangle Power Indicator
Gold-Plated Screw-Type Power and Speaker Terminals
Remote Variable (0-18 dB) Bass Boost at 40-100 Hz
Single-Side Terminal Placement for Cleaner Installation and Improved Wire Management

?

Batch said:
Fella, if you fancy a trip down to Birmingham you're welcome to hook it up :)

Still, 860w isn't too bad, better than i expected, it does power my subs without much effort, even when i'm using the 8 guage wiring (the plastic covering on the wire is going clear so i presume it's getting quite hot at times :/ but that's my own stupid fault!)

Still probably get rid as i want to go digital

Yeah drawing 60A over that length you will get about 1V drop, which in turn means you'll be getting less voltage and hence less power from the amp. Needs bigger cable really, if it is drawing that much.

The will be producing quite a lot less power because of that, then the fact that the amp will only be about 50% efficient... so you are looking at closer to 400W all told, and that is optimistic. It's far cheaper to stick 60A of fuses in than it is to design a decent amp.

could that be what causes the stalling and losing revs, or is that more than likely an Earth/battery problem (as previously suggested)?

the power wire being too small, only 8 guage instead of 4 or less.

On second thoughts it would only blow the fuse in-line if it was trying to draw too much through the wire wouldn't it?

A small gauge cable will allow the same amount of current to be drawn, just it will heat up more for a given current. It also causes more voltage to be dropped along the length of the cable, so although you have 13.8-14.2V in the front, you will have less at the back. Any amount of current drawn over 20A normally causes a noticeable change in revs on the engine.

I know what you mean. When i have my system up very high, the revs go down slightly as the bass goes up... You need a power cap!
EDIT: and higher quality power lines....

kev_mono72 said:
I know what you mean. When i have my system up very high, the revs go down slightly as the bass goes up... You need a power cap!
EDIT: and higher quality power lines....

No you dont need a power cap, they do more harm than good.

Just upgrade your wiring with a 4awg kit and make sure your battery is in good condition.

The Kenwood if good vfm, so go with it if you want :)

CAD for wiring, yup, I think a 4awg kit is £25.

Do you normally run your amp with engine on or off? If its on, your standard battery is probably sufficient.

Otherwise it might be worth getting a heavy duty deep cycle battery which wont be damaged by running it down too much.

hi,
this is to the thread starter... BATCH i think it was. have you just sold this amp? cos i just bought one off ebay, so just thought it might be yours? anyhow if it is or if itsnot what is it like? does it powerwell, or is it dissapointing for the size of it or what? just would like a general overview of you opinionof the amp.

cheers
ben

lol.
i know
i dont even have micra to be fair, just could find nothing like this guy on here so thought i might be able to get something fom him... cant PM so this was my only optio

50 pounds posted to me. i can always give it a go i suppose and then sell it on if its a bag of it.

might not even et it at the moment i have heard nothing from the guy

ibiza_95 said:
hi,
this is to the thread starter... BATCH i think it was. have you just sold this amp? cos i just bought one off ebay, so just thought it might be yours? anyhow if it is or if itsnot what is it like? does it powerwell, or is it dissapointing for the size of it or what? just would like a general overview of you opinionof the amp.

cheers
ben

You could email him. :)

i dont have permission to.
nd i cant pm him cos i dont have permission to do that either

Back