calling all tech gurus here

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
here is my dash display using the nissan data scan, can someone tell me if anything wrong with the readings or anything i should fix....problem at the moment is im getting 8 litres per 100ks,so travelling 500ks, car will consume 40ltrs

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
here's the display, while on idle

Attachments

• 61018.gif
    61018.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 22

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
It may or may not be a sensor causing a spike in your fuel consumption.
It could be as simple as tyre pressures etc

I found that when my consumption jumped right up, my O2 sensor was nackered. If its older than 100k then I would be replacing that.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"fank2, are you awake now lol...need your expertise....

lol, i dont know if those lambda settings are ok tbh, but i have a few spare ones that i have been testing lately, and the duff ones are off the scale and constant, but all the working ones bounce at around .5v at cruise and drop to zero on lift and go to .9v ish at wot (middle wire to + on the meter)

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
actually i replaced the 02 sensor just a year ago with a second hand from the wreckers with an mileage of only 80K.....i might put back the original one with a 200k mileage and see if theres a difference....

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
its not the price troubling me...if its consuming petrol then something wrong in the fuel system, and i like troubleshooting things if they aint right....and curious whats causing it....this is one of the reason why i like old cars...

Back