Brick Wall At 44mph

R

RIK

has anyone read the front page of "the daily mail" about speed cameras being crap?

lol,one tested ,recorded a wall at 44mph,,lmao

also,,parked car at 22mph and a bicycle at 66mph(must have bin pedaling fast)

ITs only a matter of time before these devices are considerd unreliable, trouble is something new will have replaced them by then.

yeah ,have you seen those cats eyes that are been tested atm in wales iirc that detect speed!! ffs

i wouldnt mind outside schools but on country roads hiding behind a bush!

also the false readings come from reflections from other things causing zig-zag of the direct line of the car its aimed at ,,but yet they have 100million from this machine and they know it doesnt work rite

i seen those cats eyes things, they check everything, even down to if you have clear shreddies on! well no that bit but still! Theyre ridiculous. There was a speed camera post put up next to me and one about half a mile down the road with all the markings etc but they eventually got pulled down because it was them ones that measure your time it takes to get between the two and apparently theres been a big uproar about them. They opted for the "your speed is..." signs instead

I really cant see cats eye cameras lasting long. Its a harsh enviroment an inch or so above the road. And putting camera optics there sounds about the most stupid idea I have ever heard in my whole life + all you would need to do is hit one with a hammer and its game over!

Yes got them just up the road from me. Fitted a couple of years ago. they are all broken now, only a few work if that.

Ed

Ed said:
Yes got them just up the road from me. Fitted a couple of years ago. they are all broken now, only a few work if that.

Ed

The A24 had a load of these too but they're breaking aswell. If standard cat's eyes cant cope with you're average car driving over it then god knows how the camera ones will survive.

They are solid glass as well. They dont sink like normal cats eyes. I dont know weather they crack or not but it wouldnt surprise me.

mean micra said:
damn i thought rik went into a wall at 44mph... lol

me too. was all interested but no. ruin my day.

the speed camera in boldon near me caught my mother's car doing 60+ mph while we were on holiday in scotland. with the car. genius

Then you should inform the police to let them know somone has possibly cloned your car. This happened to people I know and all sorts of fines started coming through.

In extreme cases the DVLA will issue you a new numberplate.

hence why I purchased my laser diffusers. I have had them go off a few times and everytime they did I was well under the limit anyway. They where out in force at Donny Show this year with handhelds parked up the roadside waiting for modified cars to go past, again I was well under the 40 limit.

Kev

Kev said:
hence why I purchased my laser diffusers. I have had them go off a few times and everytime they did I was well under the limit anyway. They where out in force at Donny Show this year with handhelds parked up the roadside waiting for modified cars to go past, again I was well under the 40 limit.

Kev

did u see them at japshow? i noticed a scooby get pulled :D

nice to know you all was interested in seeing me crash my new car :)

RIK said:
did u see them at japshow? i noticed a scooby get pulled :D

I was driving alongside a scooby which got pulled over. He was only doing about 70 and i didnt personally see any reason why he should have been pulled. Maybe the police just have a thing against scooby drivers.

I wouldnt mind some diffusers myself!

Arnold said:
I was driving alongside a scooby which got pulled over. He was only doing about 70 and i didnt personally see any reason why he should have been pulled. Maybe the police just have a thing against scooby drivers.

I wouldnt mind some diffusers myself!

it was in that litle village wer i saw them with the hand gun camera,in a 30 zone

but the man and woman waving ther arms and doing "invisable camera" impressions was a big give away for me :D

RIK said:
it was in that litle village wer i saw them with the hand gun camera,in a 30 zone

but the man and woman waving ther arms and doing "invisable camera" impressions was a big give away for me :D

haha!!! i think it was a different scooby then ;).. This one was on the M1

Arnold

Back