bounce

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
k11 heroes ftw :grinning:

when i go over bumps the front suspension seems too quick to act.
got no load on em at the moment, but when i do screw em up more it gets more bounce
would slightly softer springs be my best bet ? damping is working fine.
.these on at the moment

DSC02362-1-2-1.jpg

i'm sure the number on em is way to high (say if i scrub it out and put 800 instead:grinning:)

ya mean screw the spring seat up?
are the dampers fully extended when the car's resting? if so then ur actually increasing preload, keeping the ride height high and more force is needed to move the susp hence very hard ride.
what spring rate is that?

if lowering the ride height via the spring seat till the damper's at 1/2 stroke and softening the damper setting doesn't improve things then yeah try a softer spring. nought u can do bout the dampers max & min limits i guess

the dampers dont adjust, spring says 1020 on the side would that be the rate/stiffness ?
i couldnt really say if dampers at full stretch.springs screw'd up loose , but i aint check'd under load
i'll put it under load tomoro an adjust seat as you mention and see where that leads. new to this i am :grinning:

traffic police were amazed how quick i turn'd off 3 lane carriage way into a side rd when they pulled I the other night, so somethings very right with the new suspension handling wise but very speed ramp/bump unfriendly.
was on the way to get/got a starlet turbo out the police pound

ah cant do nothing bout the damper then.
these static setting sports suspension are often a comprimise. either have a hard setting for flatter fast cornering but harsh street ride or a softer setting for street driving but wollowey cornering/acc & braking.

dunno what the spring number means, prob need to look up on the manufacturers website.

to measure the damper stroke i prop the front on axle stands.
with the wheels hanging down, measure from the hub centre to the arch, this is the lowest stroke limit.
i remove the spring or maybe dial the spring seat all the way down/off,
jack under the lower balljoint or tyre to lift the strut till it reaches the bumpstop.
measure from the hub centre to the arch. this is ur top stroke limit. also check ur tyres not rubbing the arch when pointing straight or full lock.

now when i put the springs back on and jack the car back down, i can measure the hub to arch distance and figure what position the dampers in

ideally try to keep the damper stroke bout halfway. if the spring seat ring is wayy too high with loadsa preload till the damper is fully extended and topping out, the ride will be hard.
if the spring seat/ride height/preload is wayy too low, there'll be little or no travel left and you'll just hit the bumpstop resulting in a sudden jolt over every bump.

Back