Body paint runs - fix?

K

K11_Dave

Wayne, I know you said not to sand the pearl layer, but have got 2 big runs. Will it affect the finish if i sand them??

RE: FAO Quickdraw - URGENT!

What choice do you have? Your very unlikely to get it right after sanding, the whole thing with perl coat is to get it very very even. But sounds to me you have no choice but to sand it then bring it back to a shine. You may just need to sand it all back and try again to get it right.

as said above. best thing with the pearl id to stand around 3 feet away and DUST it on. NEVER spray it on. as you do normal paint. the idea is to get it as light as possible for the most effect.
otherwise it will go nicotine coloured like dans was.

best thing would be to sand it back to the base colour. then give the base a dust cover (very light coat), then dust the pearl on. then laquer away

Cheers for changing title ED. Is too late to sort now. Paint looks crap now. Gonna have to wait until after JAE. Not sure I (or others) would want it on the stand as it is :down:

Will have to re-do for next year. Gutted about all the time that has gone into it for it to end up as it is.

Takes alot of pratice/patience. I used shed loads of paint doing my ST, you will get there in the end, you just took on too much at once.

yup. trying to do a whole car first tiem was a big bold attemp. nd from the looks have done a damn good job. keep practising though even the best make mistakes. and it takes ALOT of practise to get everything setup. as lots of things make the outcome:S
mixture of paint.
temperature.
setting on the gun x 2 (poss 3)
setting on the compressor. x 2
air moisture

all thse contribute. but it helps having good equipmnent to work with. trying to use lower rate stuff only causes issuees. and this is one of them cases that the equipment used is of HIGH priority

Yeah, one of the biggest factors were the guns. First one I was using was a Clarke gun - had no probs with that one at all! When I went to use the second gun, it started spitting and spattering everywhere - deffo a cheap gun (came as part of a box set with other accessories)

Paid attention to all Waynes advice apart from when it came to the pearl o_O I couldn't see it going on at all so no idea where it was, so thought i'd increase the pressure a smidging and tbh it loked great when it landed, but it was far too much :down: Got dodgy runs and patches all over. Front and back look fine, but the sides look like some nasty grass stains.

Well, i've learned for next year now - new year, new colour.......

Back