Big power CGA3DE+T

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
My bad seano!!

Shall post it up as soon as I get it. Its a big $$$ build, its pretty much custom internals. By the looks of the pics it'll probably have a bit more than the standard 1324cc or whatever the cga3de has standard... I'd imagine it might be closer to that magical 1.4L figure.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Okay as much as they want to give out is that the motor is a REAL 1.4L now.

Just a comparision:

CG13DE bore x stroke = 71mm x 80.5mm = 1275cc (55kw, 106NM)
CGA3DE bore x stroke = 72mm x 82.8mm = 1348cc (60kw, 120NM)

Why do I suddenly want a stroked cg13de...

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
so now it could be anything from 1350cc to 1449cc lol.
if i was to wildly guess though i would say 1398cc. just becasue its good to guess.

CMF_DaveNE.UK

» CMF Member
apparently you can put a 1.3 head on a 1.4 bottom end almost 99%

this way you will have the extra cc and you will still be able to use the dissy setup, so there will be no issues with the coilpacks and replacement ecu.

very tempted to try it i must say

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
if i wanted to do that though i think i would just sell up and get a 1.4 micra. they are not that pricey these days. i would prefer to have the coilpacks and knock sensor which i think it also has?

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i gather that its only the bores that are larger then yi? so if anyone wanted to swap there 1.0L with a 1.3L shouldnt we be recommending this little beast instead of the stock cg13de engine. comments...

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
the strokes are different on the above spec list. i havent heard of a 1.3 head being used of a 1.4 block. i heard of a 1.4 k12 head being used on a 1.3 block though, but i'm not sure if they were confused and they meant a k11 1.4 head.

cisco

» CMF Member
I would want the more modern ignition that the 1.4 has. If I was to chase one down, you'd have to go the whole upgrade I reckon. A bit of technology heh.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
it wouldnt be just the uk that had the other europe k11 would also have it. but your right in japan it still has dizzy wich i think is weird.

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
the cga3de block with all internals etc and cg13de head is underway as someones project in uk so we will let u know asap wen it is complete. i am not goin to name the person as it is not my place to so dont ask i wont be telling

although it was a guy in oxford called matt humphris who mentioned it to us on our forum, he runs a lot of rally micras n wins alot too so i guess uit can be done :D

Attachments

• 17431.jpg
    17431.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 28
im the chap whos doing the cga internals. the only reason im doing this is im using an automatic block as its stronger and ill be running a very high power NA setup. so it seems pointless to me to go to the trouble of changing all the coilpack ignition onto the autoblock when i can just use a normal ignition system which a is simpler and b i can understand the electrics of

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
Does anybody know if the coilpacks/crankangle sensor/complete ignition system from the cga engine will physically fit on the cg cylinder head? I know electrically it is not compatible with the standard ecu but that doesn't concern me because I am going to use aftermarket ecu. I just need to know if it will fit onto the cg cylinder head.
If any one can advise whether it will fit or not I would greatly appreciate it.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
micrat WROTE:

"Does anybody know if the coilpacks/crankangle sensor/complete ignition system from the cga engine will physically fit on the cg cylinder head? I know electrically it is not compatible with the standard ecu but that doesn't concern me because I am going to use aftermarket ecu. I just need to know if it will fit onto the cg cylinder head.

If any one can advise whether it will fit or not I would greatly appreciate it.

Complete CGA ignition system... Not without major modifications.

If you just want coil pack ignition, there's plenty of non-nissan options. I think white knight might have coilpacks..???

cisco

» CMF Member
That's something that I would possibly be bothered with upgrading to one day when everything else works.

CMF_Ed

» CMF Member
Best thing to do if you want coil packs is to simply change ECU to microtech or something and use a wasted spark system.

Ed

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
I have motec m4 ecu to run the engine, I was curious as to whether the coilpacks/crankangle sensor would physically bolt on to the cg head/rocker cover to keep it looking factory. With the motec I can run either wasted spark coil packs or even individual/sequential setup, that is not the issue. What I am after is coilpacks but with the factory look.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
No doubt you would need a UK CGA rocker cover which has bolt holes for the factory coilpacks.

What would screw up your factory look is the distributor left over. The UK CGA head looks fairly different to the CG head in that respect.

Back