Bent wishbone?

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
My drivers side front wheel (or offside front for all the people that need perfect terms for things) sits perfectly central in the arch however the other side (nearside front) is sat further back by quite a bit (see pic), what's most likely to be bent?
Img00023.jpg

looks like you have given it a bit of a bump there mate, i would change the wishbone. does the drive feel different?

Is it possible to bend the front of the chassis that the wishbone attaches to? the bit that people fit the underbrace bar to?

Take the wheel off and see if anything looks out of place before you buy anything.

I bought the car like it, or the bloke that drove it back for me hit something. It's horrible to drive, it constantly steers left, when I go on full lock the wheels slip. I'll jack it up later might have to fit a lower strut brace if I'm taking everything apart. I can't get the part for a while cos I'm owed a lot of money so I might have to tie the hub to my dads car and get him to drive forwards a bit hopefully straightening everything out.

I did somwething similar to my k10 when I hit a drain cover doing 60+

I might have to tie the hub to my dads car and get him to drive forwards a bit hopefully straightening everything out.

I did somwething similar to my k10 when I hit a drain cover doing 60+

omg don't do that!

you are going to wreak the car if you start trying to bend bits like that.

from what i can see it looks like your wishbone is buckled, you might have mounted a kerb or dropped it in a pot hole or something. just get a new wish bone, its an easy job

the chassis is the last thing that should twist, it is designed not to, you will break the wishbone first.

I tried straightening it today, loosened the rear mount bolts, put a ratchet strap between the wishbone and the front tiedown point and tightened it up, it's pulled it forwards about half an inch so looks like I'll have to get a new one :(

ok ive done this stackin it in a rally, the wishbones on nissan micras can not be re shaped! get a new one coz there everywhere and your saving yourself work at a later date because the wishbone is a very common mot fail because for rust, easy job once you got the part and are always stocked.

check other things because from experience you have to hit a curb reaL! hard to buckle nissans design lol
View attachment 12068

Back