Attempting to Repair This Wreck :) (k12)

Hi Guys

I'm Kaz, 21 and from Manchester.

I'm usually behind the wheel of my Evo 6 but picking up a salvage Micra tomorrow (fingers crossed) - big jump I know :lol:

It has front end damage and I'm hoping to fix it at around half the cost of what same spec car would cost if I were to buy it undamaged.

It will be used as a driving instructor vehicle once fully repaired. As it will be covering anything from 30 to 50k a year, it doesn't make sense to buy a undamaged one as it will depreciate heavily..

I'm also hoping to have it converted to LPG so make a further saving on fuel costs as it will be covering so many miles.

I've got a couple of questions (more so to do with air bag/ air bag sensors/air bag ECU as the airbags have gone off) but was wondering if there's a guide/download available that shows all the parts/nuts/bolts of where everything goes on a Micra K12? I'm pretty mechanical minded so hoping to do everything myself bar the spray work (although I will be fitting/lining up the body panels).

EG. I have these for the Evo and was wondering if there's any available for micra:

icsprayxenonshop.png

Thanks in advance for any help and I will get some pics up once I get it and a build up thread once I get the car back to her former glory :)

Cheers

Kaz :)

there is a dvd available from ebay with the full workshop manual for the k12 and there was a free version available somewhere but i can`t remember where

there are also a couple of k12 members about me included that will be more than happy to help out when needed

good luck with it

hi there, the nissan FAST program should have the diagrams you are looking for, i have a torrented copy but i don't think my version is new enough for k12. but i also think you can download extra data and just drop it into the program. i think also there is a haynes manual which would have everything you needed to know.

if it was a k11 there would be ways of removing the airbag system and putting it to a non airbag model.

there is a dvd available from ebay with the full workshop manual for the k12 and there was a free version available somewhere but i can`t remember where

there are also a couple of k12 members about me included that will be more than happy to help out when needed

good luck with it

Thank you very much - I think I'll need it looking by the task in hand :)

Cheers

hi there, the nissan FAST program should have the diagrams you are looking for, i have a torrented copy but i don't think my version is new enough for k12. but i also think you can download extra data and just drop it into the program. i think also there is a haynes manual which would have everything you needed to know.

if it was a k11 there would be ways of removing the airbag system and putting it to a non airbag model.

i think with the New MOT laws coming in on 2012, cars fitted with an airbag system have to have the airbag system functioning so I ideally have it to get it working...

Also, it's vital for the safety of the pupils and the driving instructor and these cars do have a few bumps being in the hands of people with no licences lol

Go to www.micrak12.com and click on the last fullstop on the front page ;-).

Fantastic bud - just what I was after :D

Will have a read through it now and get to grips with the K12 front end and interior :)

Thanks a million :D

Back