anyone tried a starlet inlet manifold on a cg13?

i work at a japanese car importers and been looking at marches and i came across one with a ep82 inlet manifold on it, does anyone know / heard of this modification?

Since buying mine, i've said they look very similar to Micra parts, even the engines / rocker covers etc look the same. I've got a spare standard exhaust turbo manifold in my garage, TMIC, etc. :)

Is that the 4efe engine? There is one down my local breakers, was looking at it yesterday. I may go get the stain less 4branch and inlet manny.

would it not be easier.... if there is on available.....to fit the entire starlet glanza/gt engine in?..lol

or if they are that closely related.... maybe even pinch the pistons and rods?

4EFTE conrods would need special pistons to make them fit. They do share the same big end bore and gudgeon pin, (43mm & 18mm respectively), but the 4EFTE has a 74mm bore as standard compared to 71 of the CG series. Stock CG13 rods are nominally 120.75mm center to center compared to 118.00 for the Starlet. PAR did make special rods for the CG13 with a 118.75mm center to center distance to allow for thicker crowns and a good bowl size, so it's possible if one was motivated enough. It would however probably be easier to spec a set of rods and pistons bespoke from someone like performance unlimited...

Inlet manifold wise, no power figures to speak of but this is a mod which was common in Japan and something Mulholland used to sell, (maybe still do), so it must be worth something.

found this description on yahoo auctions

Specifications »«
· hood (painted the same color Maruho FRP body)
· rear gate (FRP body + glass paint the same color Maruho)
Rear side windows (transplant year)
- Disk rear axle (to adjust the camber and toe at Mulholland.)
• Super Turbo Mission ( pure LSD)
Lightweight flywheel (Maruho)
reinforced clutch (Maruho)
· 31V Dorasha (Maruho)
· E / G Cg13 Haikonpu (Maruho)
· EP82 Mani (Maruho)
intake pipe · EP82 (Maruho)
two hundred fifty-six transparency ° cam (with IN EX)
NEW TYPE EX · Mani (Special Maruho. Tiny little)
· Front (Maruho)
• Titanium Sentapaipu (ZEST)
• Titanium Rear Piece (zest)
· Radiators (Maruho layer)
Car harmonic · SP (RG Custom Maruho Specifications can be changed attenuated stretch)
gauge dash 6-point roll Saito fled ·
brake master cylinder stopper
for · Quick-Primera
· TOMMYKAIRA meter
cube · Z10 lower arm for
outside mirrors ·

sorry about the translation but it gives an idea (Y)

Wasnt mulhollands a cut and shut of the starlet and micra manifold...seem to remember seeing a pic on micra.com.au

Doubt mulholland would have been using them / making them if they didnt help generate some gains.

Wasnt mulhollands a cut and shut of the starlet and micra manifold...seem to remember seeing a pic on micra.com.au

Doubt mulholland would have been using them / making them if they didnt help generate some gains.

Yup, the were a hybrid.

I'll go get a manifold on the weekend and see what i can come up with. Iam interrsted in doing some rr testing.

I imagine having a decent plenum will make a decent improvement

i wa looking at this toyota one today, and the flange and boltholes are miles out, and the injectors are fitted into the head not the mani fwn

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 833
The one in my local scrappy is the earlier type and I think cut and shut is the only real option imo. Done loads of cut n shuts before though. Looks fun too me :D

There is other stuff about also like 1.4 ecotec ect, I have an Eco inlet I can measure. Oh and g13b from swift gti, got one of them also :)

Back