Anyone done any headwork?

the man to speek to is frank bud! although i have some of his parts and will be bloging the engine build soon so keep a look out

Has anyone done any NA work on the topend? Heads, cams, comp, etc?

just about everything you can think of has been done, from port and gas flowed heads, and custom cams, to quad throttle bodies and bike carbs.

it depends on what you are interested in

I'm doing one right now! Have the NME cams from Matthew H, some CG10 pistons and got myself a "Dremel" and some tools for grinding and polishing the ports.

Don't have any experience doing this, but it's a nice job and in Holland there are only a few people tuning their CG13 engine, so it's unique in here. That's nice, but hard to get info.

gr Chrismo

If you LET another company do the headwork it's too expensive, but why not do it yourself? It's not as profi as they do, but if you only clean the ports, make them smooth, I'm convinced it never hurts! And you can do it simply!

I think having a go is a good idea, but one thing you should get done by pros are the valve seats. As an example I recently had in a Toyota engine which had a rebuilt head and was lapped in by hand. To the eye it looked fine, but when it was put on a Serdi Valve seat machine and tested they were horrendous. They were out by several thou two seats had to be replaced entirely and when all the work was done the end result was a head that sealed better with the valves held in by gravity than they did with the he valves held in before by springs.

This is something which is almost impossible to get right at home.

You are right about that thing! You can only do those seats if you have a specific machine for this job. I also LET another company do this for me, as my seats are not as I would like them to be.

gr Chrismo

Oh, I know someone with a seat cutter:grinning:
In general what's the bhp percentage increase>> is the effort worth there turn?

What about upping the compression?

Back