Air Pod Filter Location

CMF_Urban

» CMF Member
Well me and my old man were outside this morning looking at th Tic Tac's engine bay to look for sauitable locations for the air filter.

But being the tic tac has all the extras (Power Steering and Aircon) there is no room infront of the motor, on to the left side (Looking at the motor).

The only place i could see it fitting was probably behind the battery.

My dad thinks there might not be enough air flow being the battery though?

Any ideas?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
That's not full. Get a Super S with ABS, aircon and powersteer. :p

Here's what i'd do...

Forget the po and just use the stock panel filter and modify the airbox's opening to just slightly larger than the throttlebody.

Then you should be able to figure out some way of channeling cool air to the stock airbox...

I believe this is one of the reasons ALOT of people use bonnet vents... *shudder*

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Keep the standard air filter box but fit a K&N filter.
Block off the smaller hole on the filter box, enlarger the other one and run any sort of flex. piping to just behind or beside the front headlight. You can move the battery slightly towards the engine and this will give you enough room to run the air intake tubing. Use flex. tubing as it may be a tight fit between battery and coolant overflow resevoir and it may end up not exactly oval but this is okay.
That is cheapest way.
Otherwise throw the whole lot away,and run tubing from the throttle body to the front with a pod filter at the end.
Throw away the mesh which sits at the top of the throttle body just before the air mass sensor. It must restrict airflow.
Good luck.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
That restrictive mesh also gives a cool sound as the air goes through it, but more importantly it is to stop large bad objects like sticks, stones, leafs etc from going happily into your combustion chamber. :p

Its really just a secondary safety device. A backup if you will...

Back