28 MPG on a 1.0 k11! help!

really need help with this and some good straight forward answers, if you have any questions please ask and i will tell but need to sort this out, looked in manual and it said 47 MPG then worked it out and it was only 28 :'(
ALL help will be brilliant and will forever thank,
HELP!

Well first of all how many litres of fuel for how many miles?

Who is to say there is even a problem? first thing you should do is establish how many miles for how much fuel. This ensures that his calculations are correct before jumping on random comments about a sensor and service.

Practically any thread could be answered with a sensor/service reply. But its far more helpful to try and find out more before posting the repeated same old comments over and over.

29.73 litres of fuel = 219 miles

i do all my own servicing every 6 months and spend as much time as posible on my car keeping it in healthy running order.
i do have a few mods to the engine but hte difference seams abit excessive.
janspeed exhaust, janspeed bypass cat, k&N panel filter.

29.73 litres of fuel = 219 miles

Based on what speed, roads & conditions? That doesn't sound bad to me. You've still got 1/4 a tank left based on that. How many miles can you do when you run it to Empty?

Can you smell fuel? Do you drive aggressively?

Thats 34mpg. 219 miles to 29 litres of fuel. Sounds reasonable depending on how you drive it.

Ed

theres alway the strong smell of fuel from the exhaust, friend says it smells very rich, i agree, not a very heavy rights foot, drive very normal most the time exept when i have my moments and just bomb it down the road, then back to old normal driving, alot of traffic in the week days, i hear alot about peoples lamba sensors going wrong, how could i test that its working properly? is that a posibilitty worth thinking about?

sniffing exhausts?

theres alway the strong smell of fuel from the exhaust, friend says it smells very rich, i agree, not a very heavy rights foot, drive very normal most the time exept when i have my moments and just bomb it down the road, then back to old normal driving, alot of traffic in the week days, i hear alot about peoples lamba sensors going wrong, how could i test that its working properly? is that a posibilitty worth thinking about?

lol!!!!!!what you doin sniffin exhausts?thats what i get out my 1.0 ive found out a 1.0 has to work harder than a 1.2 so it uses more petrol so thats why buddy when i drive like a twooky its a lot less but dont get me wrong its a nippy car when its warm :eek:)

Back