1999-2000 v reg micra

L

ljames555

hi a neighbour just bought this car and wants me to fit stereo now i have had quick look.
i know it needs a earth ,and have a ford maverick iso plug only slight problem i see is fitting the cage because if you take the trim off there is no support above where the cage would go and the original radio sticks out abit. would i be right in thinking put trim back on then insert cage and bend pins around this ? will this be enough support ?
thanks in advance

No, the best way to do it is to remove the old stereo and you'll see that the bracket that mounts it to the car is just screwed to either side of the stereo with 2 screws. Undo these and then look at the new stereo and there is normally 2 screw holes in the relevant positions. Screw the bracket on and bobs your uncle. You will probably need to go to somewhere like Halfords or Motor World and buy an ISO adapter cable though, I can't remember whether they need one.

All the best, Chris.

hi i did think of that but the stereo does not have 2 holes both sides thanks for the advice.
can anyone esle help if my idea would be right not doing it until weekend so thought id ask 1st.
cheers again

yep taht would be fine i folded my cage over the black bit and the stereo sits fine and i think the maverick iso adapters are the same cos when i got mine from halfords i swear it said nissan ford on it carnt remember

Back