1.2 engine

K

katakijau

somebody please help me about 1.2 engine..thats very grateful if I got full specs of that engine:
what is piston size?
is it same cylinder head/block with MA10?
whats the different
In malaysia, the engine is not availble here.

Its not a great engine - especially for high power. The block is taller the piston stroke and bore are larger. Other than that its pretty similar.

Ed

ed i know a crude waqy of doin it but does that mean if u bolt in the 1L pistons and rods u could in theory lower the compression allowing for a turbo??

you cant do that, youll disrupt the area around the top of the pistons known as the squish area. However the 1.2 rods would be longer not shorter than the 1.0's

Ed

can or cannot if MA10/MA09 cylinder head bolt on 1.2 cylinder block?
If it is flexible, so why not we can produce MA09ert 1.2..
I want to try it, but the 1.2 engine is currently not available here (Malaysia).

I got this info from spareparts shops 2hours ago,
piston bore for 1.2L engine is 71.5mm

Yes the head can bolt on. The problem is that as you can see the bores are larger, but the block is the same (except for height) so that means that the bores are also weaker, hence why even standard 1.2's can blow headgaskets more frequently than 1.2 owners care to admit.

so for tuning what engine would you have ed? ma10 or ma12 ive always though "theres no replacement for displacement" ie. the 1.2 has got to be better in a tuning point of view because youre starting off with .2 more but from what ive read there not much in it betwen the two, 5bhp on the ma10s, it has been said before that the ma10 is a more revvier engine than the 1.2.

personally i wouldnt bother turning a NA MA into a forced induction, the cost would outweigh the benifits ie for the money you would have to fork out for all turbo related items ie forged low comp pistons tougher rods, turbo etc. you could easily buy a MA10ET which is turbo from the factory.

the other way is to ditch the MA in favour of a E or a CA series engine

well the MA09 is the strongest followed by the MA10 and then the MA12. Nissan turboed both the MA09 AND the MA10 but NOT the MA12... I wonder why.... (well i dont really lol) its not a good block for performance.

Ed

I have many things in my mind now, Whats I am lonely dreaming now is how to hybrid MA09 with MA12.. :girly: Thats mechanical mods :love:
more displacement, means more bhp. Thats my opinion :laugh:

Ed, you must be asking yourself why Im always prefer mechanical, because Im newly graduates degree in Mechanical Engineering..Haahaahaa :laugh:

lol yeah I have already looked at this and imo the 1.2 block is much thinner than the MA09 so I decided it would not be reliable enough.

Ed, ...oh, like that huh? change my mind..Im asking about this engine because I wanna built a MA09ert engine with larger piston..Im trying to find which piston is more suitable to use.. customs forged piston is very2 expensive here in malaysia..

Back