Your vote: bubble lights or existing red/clear lights

cisco

» CMF Member
I just sold the bubble rear clusters to Snoopy, but while I was out there removing them, I thought I was put them on blue monster just to see how they looked.

At first I LOVED it. Then I had a change of opinion thinking they kind of don't suit the factory-on-steroids theme I want to go for. They kind of make the car look like an autosalon again. I think they go together with the lightweight rims really well, but don't think they will suit the hubcaps and steelies as well once I get those..

Your thoughts??

Attachments

• 13738.jpg
    13738.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 26

cisco

» CMF Member
This is the existing lights:

Attachments

• 13740.jpg
    13740.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 24

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
Do the clear/red lights have an inbuilt red reflector? The bubble lights do. The lights need to have this inbuilt reflector to meet Australian Desing Rules (ADR's).
If the clear/red lights don't I would definately go for the bubble lights because the are legal. Beside this I personally like the bubble lights and they are GENUINE NISSAN that's good enough for me.

Attachments

• 13744.jpg
    13744.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 21

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Your totally right micrat, but when i noticed this myself i started to check out some other rear lights on newer cars and some of them with factory clear lights (similar to Lexus) didn't seem to have the reflecters in them.

I think if you don't have the reflecters in the rear lights you have to have them in your rear bar for safety reasons.

Attachments

• 13745.jpg
    13745.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 27

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
Your right Tony there has to be a red reflector on each side at the rear of the car. I think that add on reflectors would look out of place, I think reflectors inbuilt in the lights is more tasteful- my opinion

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Cisco, It's all a matter of personal taste but I prefer the red/white lights on your car rather than the bubble ones.

The bubble ones are a bit "bling bling" for me. While the red/white ones look classy (well in my opinion anyway).

cisco

» CMF Member
Cheers.

Yeah I think I prefer the red/clear for Blue Monster.

I think it depends on the colour of your car.

I really liked the bubble lights on the white super s, because white is plain, so its like it needs the added colour to give some contrast.

But blue monster's paint job is already a bit bling, so adding too much extra from the bubble lights overdoes it I think.

Back