yay no more zorst problems :)

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
after the bump on my rear end gutted my exhaust beyond repair. I finally get my zorst upgraded. 2'' straight thru with hurricane extractors and a nice muffler on the end. Piping only mild steel but the whole deal and labour for 1 grandand very small change. Good deal or no :)

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Agreeing with nsm here.. my daily's got Hurricane extractors, 2" mandrel-bent mild steel exhaust from headers-back and that was about $650 or thereabouts for everything (mid-2008). It was fun driving it to the exhaust place with only the headers, but I don't think I'll do it again though. :p

---dens

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
rofl DeNs, would be interesting to tail you without your pipes haha. Yeh I know it hit the pocket deeper than it should have but i figured if I'm using DynoTunz for all my future micra mods than why shop around. I've been warned that TM_rolling_shell costs ya thru the nose but you can't deny his quality.

In any case, better or worse, I just went and dropped $1000 dollars into there lap.

side note; how long will a mild steel zorst last? more than couple years?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
My mild-steel exhaust was given a coat of paint before it was mounted up and while (surprisingly) the majority of it has stayed on, the tip is probably the most affected by rust, albeit surface rust. I'd say you've got between 5-10 years before you'd have any troubles at a guess, but it depends on the conditions you live in - It could last a lot longer or a lot less than my estimate. Never had an exhaust long enough to find out :p

Pierce WROTE:

"I've been warned that TM_rolling_shell costs ya thru the nose but you can't deny his quality.

That's if it ever comes.. I spose getting it done in person with him might help that though. Though after re-reading, did you actually get him to do your work for you?

---dens

Back