whiteline gear

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
right bought my self some whiteline gear from matt and i will be fitting them shortly but what i want to know is on the lower strut brace (it attatches to the wishbones) do i need some brushings between the brace and the wishbone or do i just bolt it straight on

there is seperate holes for them mate i just dont no if it needs rubber brushings

i doubt it, it,s a solid brace that links the 2 ouriggers eh, it,s best to tighten the bolts with the wishbones in their position of rest tho (to stop the rubbers ripping) :)

nope you just remove the two existing bolts (support the wishbones :D)...and replace them with the longer ones that'll come with the bar (everything you need should be supplied), its just a washer is placed between the two items iirc...then as frank says torque it up with the car on the ground or with the wishbones as close to resting position as possible.

yup we're on about the same thing...youve got an extra 1cm or so thinkness to make up becuase of where/how the lower brace fits, so longer bolts are used to make that difference up :)

Its not a big job btw.

right guys just been outside under my car trying to fit the lower strut brace and i think that it isnt big enough unless im putting it in the wrong place does it actualy attatch to the holes on the wish bone or actually onto the body of the car using the mounts of the wishbones

edit:think i have just sussed where i have to put them do i have to take out the bolts that goes through the wishboneclosest to the engine any body got a pic of a under car shot so i can show what i mean

31754.jpg

do i attatch it to where the blue ones are or to the holes that are on the wishbones them selves

As you say it attaches to the front wishbone points.

Attachments

• 31754.jpg
    31754.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 165
Back