Which coilovers fit?

CMF_GRUMPY

» CMF Member
Both DOOM and i have BC V1 RACING COIL OVERS with 30 damping levels
( soft -- hard ) + adjust camber pillowball upper mounts.. (hav'nt played wth the camber yet ).
Doom's will go in, in a couple of weeks.. $ 1150 approx. delivered,
highly recommended..

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
GRUMPY WROTE:

"Both DOOM and i have BC V1 RACING COIL OVERS with 30 damping levels

( soft -- hard ) + adjust camber pillowball upper mounts.. (hav'nt played wth the camber yet ).

Doom's will go in, in a couple of weeks.. $ 1150 approx. delivered,

highly recommended..

Hey Grumpy notice ur running 15" wheels how low does it drop pics please

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I've had people tell me the BC offers 30 levels of adjustment, all of them rock hard, can you comment on this GRUMPY?

Try a search for z10 coilovers on yahoo jp, should get some decent quality second hand stuff for well under $1000 landed.

CMF_GRUMPY

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"GRUMPY WROTE:<BR><BR>"Both DOOM and i have BC V1 RACING COIL OVERS with 30 damping levels <BR><BR>( soft -- hard ) + adjust camber pillowball upper mounts.. (hav'nt played wth the camber yet ).<BR><BR>Doom's will go in, in a couple of weeks.. $ 1150 approx. delivered, <BR><BR>highly recommended.. <BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>Hey Grumpy notice ur running 15" wheels how low does it drop pics please

Pics to come soon wheels Oz racing wth 195/45 rubber..
Tyrie WROTE:

CMF_GRUMPY

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"I've had people tell me the BC offers 30 levels of adjustment, all of them rock hard, can you comment on this GRUMPY?<BR><BR>Try a search for z10 coilovers on yahoo jp, should get some decent quality second hand stuff for well under $1000 landed.

Doom and i adjusted them down to 10 , found they were softer but prefer them on 19 . the ride is firm but i like it this way plus the 15" wheels wth 195/45 rubber makes for a firm ride ..
When i get time to play wth the settings further i'll let you know

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
i've got BC V1 with 15" on mine

on my blog i receive and install em on page 12 post 558
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild/page12

and corner balance em on page 32 post 1571

currently lowered 50mm front rear.
can lower much as ya want Mimz depending on if u can get a jack underneath but bare in mind lowering it alot means less available travel and may need a harder spring to prevent hittin the bumpstop which means a harsher ride.

at the lowest rear damper position, the rear hits the bumpstop when the rim is 67mm from the arch.

the front lower ring affects where the wheel stops when hitting the bumpstop. mines set so the rim is 60mm from the arch when it hits the bumpstop.

big difference between fully hard & fully soft damper settings. fully hard should prob just be used on smooth track although was hilarious on street roads but only for 5secs. at fully soft it was so much smoother on british roads. bout as soft as my previous bilstein streetline lowering kit.

ppl in the back do complain of a very bumpy ride over rough london roads, though the rear end also has no weight of the spare tyre etc to hold it down.

if the ride is too harsh, BC sells seperate softer springs

Attachments

• 70172.jpg
    70172.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 16
Back