wheel problem :s

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as most of you know ive re-painted my wheels....but i have a slight problem with one of them....theres brake fliud on it! ive painted over it and its just cracked all the paint (like i knew it would) but how can i remove it? ally/acid cleanner, degraser?

it was my fault as when i weighted the front wheels up, i porud brake fliud to get the oil off the back of the alloy so the weights would stick on, it then ran to the front of the alloy and took the laquer off when they was anthersite (only just noticeable)..... obvouisly i wasnt thinking at the time :s lol

just need abit of help to re-move it, i was told i would need to get it all sand blasted? altough ive never ran into a problem with brake fluid lol.

The problem with brake fluid is it doesn't come off, which is why it's great revenge for someone who loves their car, the part often needs replacing as you can't paint over it or clean it off.

It may also have damaged your alloy.

sometumes it will need taking back to bare metal, but it can be removed by scrubbing with soapy water then thinners, it depends how long its been left on.

its been on for about 2months :p it was on the laquer and ive just sanded it down and painted over it...will try soapy water.

Back