Whats this then?

S

Stevo11

completed my engine swop but.. this is kinda left over.. can't remember what it attaches too.. doh!

DSC00343.JPG

cheers
Steve

try the starter motor

Will do tomorrow... cheers!

It does start tho, so must have used a ground from somewhere else in that case... only problem I have with the car at the mo' (apart from the dealer trying to charge me 24euro + VAT for a door handle) is it tends to stall when cold if the revs are allowed drop to quickly (any pointers as to where the idle screw is would be great ;-)

just realised I've highjacked my own thread..

looks like the connector for the horn actually :p

Yup... it is like it... no cigar tho.. ;-)

james betley : its on the inside of the passenger side wing in the engine bay

if anyone could look at theirs I'd appreciate it! ;-)

Judging by the location, it may be from the gearbox, what conversion did you do?

emmm... 1lt to ahhh.. 1lt (cam chain snapped in the original).
Funnily enough tho.. the clutch and flywheels were different sizes.. had to swop them over..

Does the reverse light work properly - did you have to rewire any of the plugs to the g'box? (I take it you used a new box)

Does the reverse light work properly - did you have to rewire any of the plugs to the g'box? (I take it you used a new box)

Nope, same box, just swopped over the old clutch + flywheel onto the "new".

Will check the reverse light too, good call!

Cheers for the feedback!
Steve

Hmm, did you remove the gbox, or just the block?
Was the flywheel on the new engine smaller or larger than the one you have fitted now?

sounds like you put a facelift engine in, which should be fine but you shoulda used the facelift gearbox too (the 1.0 boxes in facelift are much better then 1.0 prefacelift ones)...

nevermind that though as for your missing wire i still havnt got any useful information yet sorry! :(

does the engine run? if so who cares what it does, lol, check the wire with a voltmeter to see if its an earth or positive voltage...

its clearly an earth look at where the wire bolts onto the chassis rail,
the next k11 that comes in at work all have a look for you,

but if everythings working ok i would just tape it out of the way untill you work out where it goes

there should be a white conector on a black coloured cable hanging below the car on the back of the gearbox.... it plugs in there, as stated its the reverse light switch.... easy to check, put your ignition on and put the gearbox in R..... go and see if your lights are on, if not then there the cluprit..

but the cable in question can get caught on the wiring loom or even on a driveshaft..... gotta look closely to find it....

it definately an earth, it goes from the chassis to the gearbox (behind starter), there's just a small connection it goes on. it shouldn't be a problem if it's not connected though, as i changed the clutch on my mate's mum's k11 (2001) and it didn't have the earth wire at all.
here's the fella

Attachments

• 23052007145.jpg
    23052007145.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 151
Aha! Brilliant! Much appreciated!

it definately an earth, it goes from the chassis to the gearbox (behind starter), there's just a small connection it goes on. it shouldn't be a problem if it's not connected though, as i changed the clutch on my mate's mum's k11 (2001) and it didn't have the earth wire at all.
here's the fella

Back