What's behind the rear interior panels?

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
As per title really. Is there anything that could possibly rattle?

I've just used an old camping roll matt to line the inside of the front door cards and it's totally stopped any noise from the locking mechanism and water proof lining vibrating. Music sounds much better now!

But what I want to know now is what is behind the rear panels?

Tom

As per title really. Is there anything that could possibly rattle?

But what I want to know now is what is behind the rear panels?

Tom

not a lot :grinning:, mine are used as extra pockets, but lining the outer panels and outer wheel arches with sound-deadener (carpet, bubblepack etc :p) cuts down on tyre roar, bigtime :)

depends on a 5 door or a 3...

but you have the drain pipes for the sun roof (if you have one) also got the audio loom up there for rear speakers, there is a relay in there for the rear wiper (i think the relay is still there even if the wiper is not) there may also be the release cable for the filler cap (again only if your car has one) and then down the bottom you have the vents in the rear bumper for decompressing the cabin area when the doors are shut.... erm... yea and just more metal, i have a photo somewhere of a micra with the rear quarter, outer skin cut off. its just metal frame work really.

here is the pic

Attachments

• secret-rally-car.jpg
    secret-rally-car.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 283
yea thats what i want to do so i understand cars more and learn all about engines as im not 100 % clueless but want to no more my bro is doing motor mechanics course at college so hopefully if he listens he can tell me some stuff but i doubt that

Did you keep the rear suspension mounting points standard on that one?

yea, it was going to be running the Spax system at the back and then have a fiberglass wide arch but i wasn't happy with the strength of the car after the quarter panels had been removed so i started again.

Back