what to do

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
right all im in a pickle
there are a few things im going to do to my car before this happens but as and when i get round to it
what is the best idea
cg10 swap
cg13 swap
keep ma10 but force induction it
swap for ma12 force induct it
whatever the weather i need a 5 sp box first
cg13 sound the best idea but i do like the idea of maxing the cack out of the litte ma10
ive heard the ma12 is inherantly weaker than the ma10, or is it??
what to do

I personally think that CG13 would be the best. You can keep it in N/A form and modify until you go F/I. There is alot more readily available parts for the CG's aswell. That would be my choice.

yeah its a diy job. although im fairly sure if you use a k10 box all you need to do is cut the drivers side mount off the car and move it forwards a bit.

the k10 box on mine is a 4sp need a 5sp really, and im guessing using the ma gbox means i need to do fly/cluch mods to get it on?
so what your saying is cut off the ma mount weld it on further forward and itll bolt straight in?

i looked into it a while back and im sure if you stick with a k10 box then yeah you just need to move that mount. as for flywheel /clutch i think you need pre 98 k11 1.0 ones and box should go on.

DSC00077.jpg

borrowed pic from bias's blog but this pic shows the mount in the new position and you can see the shiny bit where it was grinded off hope this helps

Back