What Power Am I Looking At?

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well, i have my 1275cc super S

janspeed manifold (on its way)
Gas flowed head with rally cams,
1600cc injectors,
Straight through exhaust (cat back with no boxes)
and possible a thinner head gasket.....??

i want about 125-130bhp....

is this realistic.??

and would it NEED mapping?

I don't think so, reckon you could end up with about 120, to break 130 IMO you will need to be upping the comp. ratio and the displacement as well or good measure - if you want a 'big' power N/A K11 you need to be looking to put a CGa block in - there are apparently more popular with the rally guys so you can get some parts - the man to speak to is Matt Humphris, he can sort you out with everything.

What management are you planning on using?

Edit: Ah, yes with those kinds of mods you would need it mapped, the ECU will be too confused otherwise

well, i have my 1275cc super S

janspeed manifold (on its way)
Gas flowed head with rally cams,
1600cc injectors,
Straight through exhaust (cat back with no boxes)
and possible a thinner head gasket.....??

i want about 125-130bhp....

is this realistic.??

and would it NEED mapping?

janspeed manifold = 6-8hp
Gas flowed head with rally cams = 6-8hp
1600cc injectors = no extra gains
Straight through exhaust = 6-8hp

You will touch possibly 100

What are the profiles of the cams you have Antony?

Depending on which Janspeed you have, that will be limit gains a bit also. The "off the shelf items" available from most places like POTN, Roadrunner, Tweeks etc are not very nice and aren't designed for big power.

unless you remap it you wont be getting much if any gains from the injectors on a stock ecu,

and to get the best from the rally cams you will deffinatly need a remap

thaught so...
im gonna be using the e-manage Blue....

the manifold is the janspeed "stocked" item, allthough i dont see how it could be improved on that much to be honest... only cost me £180 brand new from halfords

i may not put the injectors on though...

and the cams spec is something you would have to ask raceworx.

I upgraded to a Group A system and was very pleased with the results. A Janspeed will work but eventually it will become a restriction due to it's size, just depends on how far you are going with it and the depth of your wallet......most people here wouldn't bother tbh. The system I have runs slightly larger primaries with bigger ports, larger collector, larger de-cat and a single rear silencer.

I don't have any experience with the Avanti cams, which is what Raceworx had if I remember right. Best thing to do is get it running on the e-manage and see what the injector duties are doing. Have the GA16's to hand encase you get high on duty, then swap them out and go from there.......doesn't take long to setup. Educated guess, from setting my car up, you would be getting thin on fuel with the standard injectors to maintain safe headroom.

Back