What makes it a Micra?! - Thread re-named

what does it become..?

90% of the bodywork on my car is prototype or custom... and ive got several different branded performance parts..? the only things I have from the same manufacturer is Sparco.. about 3 things..

Cris said:
Just to shove my tuppence worth in.

I've seen this conversation on the Lotus Elan owners club. There's a company called Spyder Engineering who make repalcement chassis' for the Elan/+2/Europa. They can also stick in a Zetec engine (rather than the stock cross-flow), beefed up suspension, Sierra brakes etc etc.

Lots of Lotus types say that the car isn't a Lotus anymore. Perhaps they are right, perhaps not. http://www.spydercars.co.uk/ford_zetec.htm

The problem is what is an official car in the first place. Nissan is a Japanese company. In Japan you can't buy a K12 with the 1.6 (as far as I know). Only Nissan Europe sell the 1.6 (again as far as I know). Is that an official Nissan car then?

Let's say my dealer sticks on a set of alloy wheels does that count. They are a Nissan dealer so....

If I stick a 1.6 into a K12 does it become a 160SR?

My opinion is that if more than 50% of the car has been changed then it becomes something else.

they use the same engine in japan except its a 1.5. HR15DE - Comes in the 15SR-A

RIK said:
so what if you put a bodykit on or tint the windows..put new seats in...

is that still a micra?

modding engine/chasis/shell/interiour..changing engine doesnt mean its not a micra!!

I didn't mean modding the engine, My issue is putting a big engine in and calling it a Micra.

For example, top fuel funny cars, shells are modled(sp?) on real cars. If one was based on a Dodge Viper, does that top fuel funny car become the fastest Dodge Viper even though it's not actually one? Just looks like it?

Alienfish360 said:
I didn't mean modding the engine, My issue is putting a big engine in and calling it a Micra.

For example, top fuel funny cars, shells are modled(sp?) on real cars. If one was based on a Dodge Viper, does that top fuel funny car become the fastest Dodge Viper even though it's not actually one? Just looks like it?

you said modding the chasis change the car..so imo moddind the body/interiour is the same

it depends what is says on the v5

nismo_k12 said:
they use the same engine in japan except its a 1.5. HR15DE - Comes in the 15SR-A

Fair go. But in Japan you can get a mechanical/electric 4WD Micra (March) which isn't here. The trim levels are different ect etc etc.

Depends how close you define things really.

RIK said:
you said modding the chasis change the car..so imo moddind the body/interiour is the same

it depends what is says on the v5

So if I take a Micra, replace the chassis with a tubular spaceframe. Stick in a Rover V8 driving the rear wheels and a one off GRP body then it's still a Micra because that's what the V5 says?

Cris said:
So if I take a Micra, replace the chassis with a tubular spaceframe. Stick in a Rover V8 driving the rear wheels and a one off GRP body then it's still a Micra because that's what the V5 says?

no, because the v5 goes with the original chassis, so if the chassis was changed for a space frame, then it wouldn't have its original identity and would need re registering.

putting a bigger engine might give the car more power. but is more fun and rewarding when the standard block beats a so cooled car. just guessing on this tho ed
when a near standard 1litre MICRA beats a toyota 3.0l supra
Also samuri warriors believed that the sword was their soul. i feel the same with my micra. change the engine and the car loose it soul.

Back