water pump

just fitted a new one cause mine was knackered.

You can tell cause it will make a grinding noise, over heat or if you put your hands below the pump you can feel water leaking

the reason i ask is when my wifes was worn out in her corsa sport it didn't overheat and drove fine but had a loud rattle. Just wondering if that could be same as mine?

yeah the bearing could be knackered or the fins cracked/snapped or the fins could be loose on the bearing inside

If i take the belts off and run the car would that be a good way of testing if the bearing has gone. In my theory if the belt isn't driving the pump it shouldn't rattle. Obviously not run it for long just long enough to rev her the 2750rpm.....

If its not a good idea any idea what would be a good way to test if the pump bearing has gone?

If i take the belts off and run the car would that be a good way of testing if the bearing has gone. In my theory if the belt isn't driving the pump it shouldn't rattle. Obviously not run it for long just long enough to rev her the 2750rpm.....

If its not a good idea any idea what would be a good way to test if the pump bearing has gone?

that,ll be ok for a couple of minutes paul :)

paul, my water pump siezed (gave me whip lash as it locked the front wheels up) i freed it with a screw driver to drive it home and it was makeing a tin sound rattle, is it the same for you?

usualy squeeks or when pulling away fast from stand still all you get is engine revs? iv just finished doing mine.

I get a squeek when pulling away normally and 50% of the time if i floor it the clutch slips like a trooper. Was it a big job? Looks like a big job.

erm yea and no, ive done a few but ive always had a pit crew, my brouther ect ect :D so it make its easy.
test the clutch dont know if you alredy know but put it in 3rd, handbrake on and let the cluch out slowly and it should stall.

to test the release bearing just press the clutch in, if it stops its probably that, if not then it cant be it.

daft question (btw i havent hered your sound clip) is there enough oil in the engine? whats the oil pressure?

Back