Water leakage

CMF_iqbal

» CMF Member
Hello!
I am new member of this forum nd this is my first message. I have got Micra R reg(1998) and water comes inside from the back of the gloves compartment. I could not find where it is comming from. Any idea???
Thanks

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
If rain water, it is a leak around the windscreen. Get it removed and resealed at once as it can cause a major rust problem. It would have been caused by some jock replacing the windscreen and sealing it up properly.

Other thing it can be if it is fresh water is the aircon condeser drain pipe (there's a fair bit of condensation created by the aircon inside the cabin) has been blocked for some reason and is now overflowing. Thats a matter of getting under there with some wire and finding the drain pipe and poking the wire down to clear the blockage!

Otherwise as jammin said, you have a slight problem with your heater core and its a good idea to get it looked at or replaced asap.

CMF_iqbal

» CMF Member
Thank you very much for your support. My micra has not got air conditioning and it cannot be heat matrix because it only happens when it rains. The suspect is wind screen seal which could be leaking. I have not got wind screen changed since I bought it two years ago. It might have been changed before.
I talked to some one today and he can put the sealant inside the screen and cannot take the risk of changing seal as he said it could be original screen bounded to the seal. Any more idea is welcome.
Thank you

CMF_iqbal

» CMF Member
Thanks for your mail. The water leakage has suddenly stopped but it has left one thing wrong, that is, head light indicator (inside the pannel, blue light) is always on whenever I turn my head light on (it should show indicator ,blue light, only when the beam is set to high. Any idea how can I fix this problem.
Thanks.

CMF_iqbal

» CMF Member
Thanks Yom. I checked my light and one side bulb is not working. That could be reason for for the indicator to turn on. I'll replace it and then let you know.

Back