Water in Doors?

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Hey all, while me and dad were fitting the new speakers last night (I am now an expert on replacing trim :glare:) I noticed inside the door was wet.

It was at the bottom behind the speaker hole, as though it had leaked in? The connection of the speakers were wet too, so we figured that's what had bust the stereo!

Any thoughts? Any way I can remedy it?

My clio does this, it's the weather strip on the door at the bottom of the window.

Yours might be a similar problem

Hmm might be then! It's always looked alright, but I've had it in the rain a couple of times recently - maybe thats not helped!

Mine looks brand new and still leaks, I tested it by using a waterproof tape across the window and the body work and it dried up.

they are ment to get water in them, it runs down the window and then there are holes in the bottom of the door to let the water out again. the speakers should be protected by plastic sheeting on the doors.

and it wouldn't have damaged the stereo they have protection for that kind of thing

Nope, no holes :( And the speakers were half protected, but the wires were just hanging freely in the door, not protected by the plastic!

Not a great pic, but that green is the door shell shining through the huge gap

12b65c44.jpg

the speaker and wires were also wet!

Back