valve cover powdercoating

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
im sending a load of under bonnet bits to get acid dipped then powder coated soon and was gonna get the valve cover done. im a bit worried of it maybe chipping of on the inside and fecking up engine. is this likely to happen as ive not much experiance with powdercoating. btw its not industrial powdercoaters its proper ones.

I hate powder coating. IMO it doesnt look nice, and is very hard to do anything with if you change your mind later. (i.e. trying to remove it)

If you dont want help or opinions dont ask for them :p

YES it does chip etc (usually when cold). It also goes soft when it gets hot and dirt embedds in it that you cannot thenget out - THATS why I dont like it. In any case you DONT coat parts that are inside an engine... I was going to put this in the last post - for some reason I forgot to.

Yeah, powder coating anything internal is a bad idea. A powder coater should be able to blank the inside off so you only get the outside done. Would have thought the valve cover wouldn't get hot enough to affect the coating but check with the people doing it.

Back