Unhappy Twister

Not sure how to put this with out sounding like i popped up with the new day :laugh:.
As i was so happy with my little Micra and her indoors kept nikking it,thought i would get her one ,as the scenic had died due to immobiliser problems..mmm!.
'02 twister 1.0 auto,49.000,clean and tidy and off a forecourt(seemed genuine?).
Starts well and runs smooth.Tickover seems high,hot or cold as it wants to creep soon as you select drive.Temperature gauge jumps midway within minutes and stays there.
On pulling away it revs and goes slow.revs and gears don't cync.no pull and lacks power.Fuel consumption is high-ish.
Won't be checking anything till monday but would like any feedback.
Cheers Rob.

hey mate, lack of power and high mpg could be maf sensor? could also have a lambda sensor issue? but i'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out. (Y)

hey mate, lack of power and high mpg could be maf sensor? could also have a lambda sensor issue? but i'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out. (Y)

Hope so ! Q ! - Is the 02 direct injection,as it appears to have a different fuel layout to the earlier models.

Depends if there's any logged or pending though (mine right now has no faults logged but my Long Term Fuel Trim is merrily sitting at 20%, just inside the accepted range). Fuel is MAF regulated, but if it's giving the wrong readings that could be throwing off the front O2 sensor and running very rich. Aftermarket MAFs, if not Bosch, aren't really satisfactory. If only they sold them individually.

The plugs indicate that its running fine.Not rich or lean...
Its more to do with lack of go.Does'nt seem to match gearing with revs.I am totally stumped,cause i would like to sort it but the misses wants me to take it back to the salesman and let him deal with it.
How do i stand with getting my money back ?.Or am i over reacting.....
Anyone live in the cambridge area with a 1.0 auto(running correct)so i can gauge how good or bad my problem is.
Off for two weeks,so can travel a distance if necessary.
Help !!!

After sitting around twiddling me thumbs,thought i would go out and look at a 1.4 auto advertised locally(17 miles).
Trundled off and it seemed to be doing the same,then after about ten+ minutes it changed its mind and run correctly changing up as it should:doh:
Did the round trip plus abit more, running up 53 miles.Trying all combination of foot pressure, found that if i did'nt stomp it everything went as it should.Floored it a few times and it kicked down fine.Mmmmm!.
Fuel consumption was pretty good as well.
Admitedly while under the bonnet i pulled a few connections and plugged back in.Stumped, but Happier!I think..:laugh:
Lets hope when her indoors try's it all goes well,then i can come off the blood pressure tabs..lol

Back