ukdm vs jdm cg13de

martinb

Ex. Club Member
apologies but search button= FAIL

i now have a low mile 1.3 auto march engine ready to go in my 1.0

ive been searching for ages to find the differnces but cant get anything

is there any difference in compression is one better than the other, is the jap engine betther bhp etc etc

please?:grinning:

i think it was only the ecu that was different on the jdm (for higher octane iirc)
and the auto block has a closed deck (ally braces/bridges cast in around the liners)

i think it was only the ecu that was different on the jdm (for higher octane iirc)
and the auto block has a closed deck (ally braces/bridges cast in around the liners)

Hi Folks

The magic words..... Closed deck block, Thats why every one fits them, The scooby owners love closed deck blocks because they are stronger at the top therefore handle MUCH more power, ie massive turbo's producing silly horsepower figures.

Malcolm

these pics are from pollyp's thread. hope its fine to use them. he says it must have come from automatic. well it looks like it came from march then?
710s.jpg

k55070.jpg

no, all the auto,s have those bridges, but nis,s and jim gr,s cga (open deck) blocks exceed 200hp no probs tho eh :eek:

are you still sticking that mini supercharger onto that 1.0?

Im still not decided on which Micra to put the Supercharged 1.3 (the closed deck engine i bought from scrapyard), on the 99 LX or on the 97 SR, the SR delayed the Supercharged project, but its all on its way (and im having some problems with the SR engine, i think a blown HG). And maybe i will get another K11 for me and another for my brother... :p

The strange thing is that i bought that closed deck engine without knowing it was like that, only when i disassemble it i discovered it, it came from a 94 Manual SuperS, wasnt suppose to have such engine. :suspect:

the jdm cg13 i acquired last week is stripped and cleaned, and there are many subtle differences.
different cam castings for instance, and oval skirted pistons like the coilpack ones (but with earlier type rings)

Attachments

• SDC12373.JPG
    SDC12373.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 430
How hard is it to fit cams, Frank? You seem to know quite a bit, and I might be able to aquire a set, if they're not too hard to fit?

its a bit of a technical job dan, but anyone could do it if they use their loaf :grinning:

I can be technically minded if I want to be :grinning:. I'm guessing first port of call is rocker cover off? I mean, I don't want to get too far into the job of changing them and then find out I can't do it and have wasted hours of hard work :blush:

You see, I've made a bad start already, asking a stupidly obvious question like that :laugh:. And last time I tried to take my rocker cover off (to respray it, which I did in situ anyway), I found it to be pretty siezed on. But how much of the engine do you have to take apart to get at the cams? I've never actually seen the inside of one of these engines before

You see, I've made a bad start already, asking a stupidly obvious question like that :laugh:. And last time I tried to take my rocker cover off (to respray it, which I did in situ anyway), I found it to be pretty siezed on. But how much of the engine do you have to take apart to get at the cams? I've never actually seen the inside of one of these engines before

there are loads of cam threads with pics dan (best to keep this one on topic really :) )

the jdm cg13 i acquired last week is stripped and cleaned, and there are many subtle differences.
different cam castings for instance, and oval skirted pistons like the coilpack ones (but with earlier type rings)

is this essentially what i have then frank? with my jdm engine

although the head and valves etc are from my ukdm cg10 eh

there are loads of cam threads with pics dan (best to keep this one on topic really :) )

Yeah, we keep doing this, don't we? :blush: Hard not to though :laugh:. I'll hope that the search button brings something up :grinning:.

thing is what i was wondering putting the crank in then having to double the hg wouldnt have any final effect would it as it would be raising the cr and then it would lower is again with an extra hg...

although getting away with it without the second hg would possibly cause contact and a very high cr and maybe the need for higher octane petrol...

this is what ive been told b engine tuners but weather its true or not i dont know

thing is what i was wondering putting the crank in then having to double the hg wouldnt have any final effect would it as it would be raising the cr and then it would lower is again with an extra hg...

although getting away with it without the second hg would possibly cause contact and a very high cr and maybe the need for higher octane petrol...

this is what ive been told b engine tuners but weather its true or not i dont know

i could grind some of the quench steps away in the combustion chamber/head will, instead of the 2nd gasket, but the C/R is already about 12:1 because of the 1.0 pistons :eek:

i see may as well scrap the 1.4 crank then if its going to add cr somewhere and then hhave to remove material to drop it again just the 1ltr pistons if they work well eh and some decent cams with head work and it will be running well!

Back