Transferring insurance

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
I may be getting a new car, but to insure it I will have to change insurers, question is what will happen to the 6 months I have left on my policy? Will I be refunded what I have not used yet (I pay annually) or will I lose that altogether?
Cheers Craig

when did mine they just altered the policy and then increased the payments over the remaining months to make up the difference. This was for a like for like car mind...but would expect a similar kind of thing.

You switching from micras ?

Just reread :) "change insurers" missed that bit, then yeah think your old policy will be cancelled (should get remaining months back) and new one will take priority...this may remove the ncb youve been collecting through this year though as i dont think you can take half a year with you.

I was wondering this too actually. Have a look through your T&C's, it may say you have to give one months notice, so technically paying 7 months and they refund you for 5.

Yeah, I will have a good root through that and see what i can see, failing that I will have to ring up their shocking call centre, which I don't really want to do at all, worst case scenario is that i will have to let this policy run its course and then get a cheaper policy on the new car in Spetember or whenever.

Well section it just says that I can cancel the policy at any time by contacting them, but not if it will cost, looks like I have to phone htem up :(

Back