Toyota Starlet

Might be a stupid question to put on here, but hey...

Been looking at starlets 96-99 models, and there quite tempting, how do you guys think they fair against a micra? in all honesty.

Cheers :devil:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forum.php

have a look at the above forum, plenty of information there.

glanza's are 135bhp as standard and with simple mods can see plenty more power and with more advanced tunning can run 300bhp+

standard 1/4 mile times should be around 15 secs and 0-60 around 6.9

and probably alot more expensive to own/run/fix etc! Im sure the K11 would be a good rival for the Glansa & starlet if Nissan did a turbo option from new. A real shame they didn't!

nooo, not the glanza's or the gt's, there way out of my budget and running costs. I'm talking about the standard n/a 1.3 starlets.

the micra 1.3 and starlet 1.3 both have similar engine specs, micra probably has the advantage of the chain driven cams. But how would/do they fair against each other?

cheers :p

i love the look of the castrol coloured Starlet SR....but its the word..."starlet" its a mit....girly..lol

i love the look of the castrol coloured Starlet SR....but its the word..."starlet" its a mit....girly..lol

haha that's soo amusing when you consider the word micra doesn't exactly inspire does it? lol!

lol put your toy's back in the pram.

anyway back on topic.

The 1.3 na starlet are not bad cars and pretty much very similiar to a K11...

The starlet 1.3 has similiar tuning options to the K11 with suspension upgrades through whiteline, but is limited to custom engine tuning. The starlet probably has more styling options and can be made to look like the glanza and there are a fair few bodykits available as well.

In terms of performance there 0-60 time is around 10 seconds, bhp 82.

There really isn't much between them really, all done to personal preference

Doesn't bother me too much what's faster, i love driving micra's because you get that whole " oh its a micra" followed by "crikey that's fast" even when its not!

I just find it hilarious!

tbh the main diff is a few horses and bit of torque mainly because of the extra cc the starlet.

probaly best to compare the 1.3 starlet with 1.4 k11 they have similar out put/cc. but that k11 will be heavier than the starlet, so for weight comparison the 1.3 k11 is better.

as said its personal preference

Umm well both my mates have toyota starlets, one is a gt turbo and the other a glanza v...they are both 1.3 turbo's aswell, when you compare them to my car there not much faster, if its not speed your worrying about and its parts well im pretty sure the k11 parts are easier to get a hold of, the k11 are cheaper to run aswell (insurance, tax, petrol etc) i think the micras are better cars but then i wouldnt know as thats the only car ive had :p

Back