Top Gear...

James said:
Yes I was a bit annoyed that they just used the pink as an excuse to claim it was embarrasing. Not even mentioning the fact that there's only 100 of those and were all done for a good cause.

Its embarrasing for them, but there's plenty of girls and even some blokes that would love to be seen in a car like that!

Apparently pink is in fashion, (according to Ems), so im sure they'l sell!!

What i found strange is that the pink one they test drove seemed very,very bright compared to the one in the studio. Camera trickery perhaps??? fwn

rj007 said:
What i found strange is that the pink one they test drove seemed very,very bright compared to the one in the studio. Camera trickery perhaps??? fwn

The one in the studio had a different reg plate, so they prob had two different cars.

The funny thing is NEITHER of those plates are registered to a Micra!

The first one is registered to an Almera, and the second one doesnt even exist! :eek:

ollie240585 said:
I already mailed them yesterday morning. lol

1. Darren
2. Emma Ilott
3. Ollie

Is that it, makes me sick, if we all write a letter of complaint, they should apologise next week...lol

...Or they'll do the top gear thing and ridicule the fact there's a Micra Sports Club? Which do you see happening? lol

D4R73N said:
if we all write a letter of complaint, they should apologise next week...lol

No, they'd probably laugh even harder knowing there's a "micra sports club"

Arnold said:
Its embarrasing for them, but there's plenty of girls and even some blokes that would love to be seen in a car like that!

Apparently pink is in fashion, (according to Ems), so im sure they'l sell!!

Oi i thought u agreed to do some work!! :p

And i said pink shirt's for men r in, not car's!!!

Yeah but if they were to mention it wouldnt that mean lots of free advertising? :D I thought you would've been in full support of the idea James. Then if they really mock it we could always offer to have someone with a good engine conversion race Clarkson in the fairly priced car :D

It would probably shut up a fair few people even if we didn't beat it - just showing a decent performance would be pretty good.

rj007 said:

They use camera filters on their 'outings' to make cars look better than they are........

Hence the purpley skies, etc :)

I suppose it could be good publicity, on the subject of the track, I'd love to see Ed's ST taken round there by the Stig or something! That'd be great! :D

It would be a good bit of free advertising, but Clarkson would ridicule it. Just get Mr Bull to take one said SR20DET Micra along, that would soon wipe the smile off Clarksons face.

that car truley is rank! how it can be called a micra i dont know!

any chance you could uplaod the entire program james im bored at work and i missed it last night :(

Well if we do do the complaint letter, i think we should mention the ST!!! And if they do mention it, they prob would organise to put it round the track sometime!!! Worth a shot whether we get laughed at or not. How many people watch Top Gear....... i think it's worth the risk, for free advertishment to the whole country!!!!

Ems said:
Well if we do do the complaint letter, i think we should mention the ST!!! And if they do mention it, they prob would organise to put it round the track sometime!!! Worth a shot whether we get laughed at or not. How many people watch Top Gear....... i think it's worth the risk, for free advertishment to the whole country!!!!

Even if it gets laughed at its still publicity! I remember Ed saying he didnt mind his car getting put on barryboys as it promotes (sp) fusion motorsport, so writing a letter would probably end up being a good thing regardless of the outcome!!

Who's going to write this letter then

Back