Too Low?

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
its 100mm in qld lowest hanging point of the car. did they even measure it or just eyeball it and go thats too low? they have a little roller on a stick and stick it under your car if it hits anything your gone.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Yeah I know but there stick/roller is more then 100mm it's more like 110mm I made up a tool for 100mm a few months back when I throw Coilovers in my car and it cleared it by 5or so millimeters then last night get a fine (no defect) for being "too low"

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Front sway hit :( so its 1point $100 and the cop said its up to me to fix it? So stupid! Why not just give me a defect notice

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I don't scrap, i scrubs on turns, but the rear tucks! Thats why I was checked! And yeah QLD police are anal about having lowered cars, we can't have nice things :(

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
My old golf's sump was 45mm off the ground. Never got pulled up around Newcastle.

Got defected for being too low (no test) when I was being a dickhead, was on stockies with standard size tyres, and yeah, it was pretty low.

Weird though, you'll get defected for it being boosted and front mount coolers and all that yet youre going through with it :S Even can be defected for the coilovers.

AA battery
14012011461.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

Dumped on Stockies
IMG_5277.jpg

:D

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Yeah but the police roller is 115mm apparently so that's why I got an infringement for being too low, I got mainly pulled over cause of my headlights

CMF_Juzzy

» CMF Member
Newcastle HWP love raping anything that is remotely modified, that being said i use to daily drive my 180sx pig, zorst is 40mm off the ground and ive only been done once for to low!

Now the micra is at about 80mm but i dont even get looked at in it lol

I had a 78 mini for my first car, stock suspension and gold coast HWP defected me for being to low cos the sump was lower that 100mm, cop was a tard tho

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I'm going to be a real c**t when it comes to the next cop that tries and says I'm too low by having a 100mm roller myself plus a ruler to prove it!

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"I'm going to be a real c**t when it comes to the next cop that tries and says I'm too low by having a 100mm roller myself plus a ruler to prove it!

Good luck, as much as i wished that would work They will just get you for something else.

Cops (traffic ones especially) can be epic dickheads being smart just causes you more trouble. Just be happy they didnt major defect you for having coilovers.

I think you know grant scott (excitement car mag), and you may know of glenny too.
Both got reamed by the cops one was on his way home from a drift event at qr (doing the right thing, in a super clean looking car) the other was in a vacant estate with a few mates on huffy sliders and his car had just recently been fully modplated for everything in the car.
The police need to find other ppl to harrass, i dont know mayb the drunk/high youths stealing cars or the people shooting up the gold coast and brisbane?
But know they would rather defect the guy who is playing on the trike or the one who drifts on a racetrack because their mods to improve handling etc are threatening everyones lives.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Yeah I know about Grants car he took his corolla off the road due to how many defects he got, but I'll be throwing 15s under my guards so hopefully it lifts it that few mil and I won't be done for "too low" again

Greo WROTE:

"Defects is why i am looking for flares so i dont get done for too wide again.

they'll just get you for increased track. its never ending. australia is overcontrolled by ****wits. time to move somewhere else where crime is more of a priority and not having a pod filter or a gear knob without a shift pattern on it. can't really blame the police, they are just doing there job, its all the other tards making up the rules that **** it up, and the minority that make those rules happen. if your car is genuinely above 100mm or bang on, and the rollers are 115 or whatever, take it to court, that's just stupid to get a ticket for it if the car is incorrectly measured. better yet, go down to the five o and talk to the cop that gave you the ticket, tell him you took it to a suspension shop or whatever and they said its legal, and ask to measure his roller. easy done. if he refuses, tell him you'll see him in court lol. you'd wana be pretty sure its 115 thou

greo: your track can only increase by a total of 26mm according to the qld trans modification guide, so 13mm each side, i'd be sure that your rims stick way past 13mm either side over the stock track. so in other words, legally, you cant have anything that looks remotely cool.so even thou flares would tuck the wheels in, if you get a smart **** cop you'll still get defected. :'(

Back