Thread Title

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
so this thread here on the top nut,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
20120630_210527.jpg

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if i get engineer shop to cut the thread one and a half inches more down the piston shaft,,,,,,it raises the leg and lowers and stiffens the car/stand suspension ? or as per usual im leaking in the wrong hole :) phahahah r reg well and truly dredge

Is there enough thread to do that?

You want to shorten the shock thus compressing the spring and lowering the car? Might result in an uncomfortable ride.

If you're looking for shorter shocks then Matiz is probably the way to go

or shorten spring then tighten thread to take up the slack,,all on stand suspension,,,ahhhh my dredgefull ways :)

you got a point ,may not be enough leg to travel. so leave spring long and compress down for harder setup

Threading further down could be used to shorten the rod and take up the slack caused by using a shorter spring. Definitely a better engineered solution than tieing the springs to the seats. Not as good as using a shorter strut overall though and probably more expensive than a pair of matiz struts from the breakers.

If they could do it at all too. If it was me I'd want to get the rod out of the shock assembly and in a lathe to turn it down to size - that's not going to happen with a sealed unit. I know Frank has fiddled it in the past by grinding the rod down to an "ish" diameter and then cutting the thread further down, the rods are bastid hard though! All quite a lot of ballache, when a shorter strut is a better engineering solution in the first place, and matiz struts are available.

aye, i ground some down about 30mm eh mark (forget who,s it was) left it slightly larger than the thread so that it was no weaker than the thread, and then filed the washer/mount a tad bigger, then slipped a spacer then the nut on top,
but the top of the shock rod protruded quite high, juuuust about missing the underside of the bonnet, thats what we thought lol ............but when he drove over some bumps it dented 2 pimples in his bonnet ! (nipples :) )

so this may be workable avoiding leaving it too long up top avoiding bonnet dents,,which i have already messing with the cors coils.

or too expensive and arrive at franks door step saving lots of time effort = matiz set up

Back