The Final Product -----

Hiya guys, thought id post up a few pictures of my car as the transformation from a bog standard " L " 1.0L micra you would normally see a granny driving to the final product ive turned my car into.....

FinalOutcomepix11-1.jpg

FinalOutcomepix6.jpg

FinalOutcomepix7.jpg

FinalOutcomepix41.jpg

FinalOutcomepix9.jpg

FinalOutcomepix31.jpg

Cheers

J

Hehe, similar project to mine :) Congrats ! I think we now deserve to buy a "BUILT NOT BOUGHT" sticker :)
Do you have the item number for the cover, because I don't have it at all !

ooooh ok i seee, nah i just hadnt fitted it yet!! the part costed me about £11, if i fit it i just lean it on, couldnt be assed to take off then fit e.t.c., what i would do is fit like a toiled chain hook so that if it woks itself loose then it will hang rather than fall off and lose, ive also just won on ebay a set of Super S / Si mudflaps front and back for £14 which is a result, ill get em painted and fit! probably sometime in the summer i may end up selling the Micra to purchase the car im hungry for....

Hehe, similar project to mine :) Congrats ! I think we now deserve to buy a "BUILT NOT BOUGHT" sticker :)
Do you have the item number for the cover, because I don't have it at all !

Cheers seb... same project sounds kool.... and the sticker also sounds a good one!!! lool

J

Hi seb, i threw the box away where the tow eye cover was in, ill try look for the reciept and get the number from there... yeah the Super S/Si mudflaps was a set of four, was lucky to find em....

Ok (edit) the numbers are on the tow eye cover and its : 62228 47B00 <---- part number

J

Looks really nice, might be worth spacing the rear alloys out a touch, just personal choice, bloody top car mate.

Cheers mate, yeah the wheels are 14", i may go for 15" sometime in the summer e.t.c. but need to fit axel bushes i got from frank to straighten the rear geometry as its leaning little to the right loool...

If i fit spacers to the rear so they come out alittle, what size spacers would i need and where could i get them from?

Cheers

J

Plenty on ebay, i've got 5mm ones on mine with 6.5x15 40et wheels with 195/45x15 tyres and a 35mm drop, could probably fit 10mm ones, you just need to check clearance.
Cheers mate, yeah the wheels are 14", i may go for 15" sometime in the summer e.t.c. but need to fit axel bushes i got from frank to straighten the rear geometry as its leaning little to the right loool...

If i fit spacers to the rear so they come out alittle, what size spacers would i need and where could i get them from?

Cheers

J

Looks good, I like the fairly subtle colour coding of the gauge pod, something I've been considering actually, and it looks like you have made a good job of that open mouth. I'm finding myself more and more drawn to body colour bumpers too, either super s or 1/2 facelift with the black bumper stip. Excellent chice of gear knob :p

I think its let down by the tail lights and the colour coding of the boot handle and the rubbing strips - the latter I think would have been better removed completely. And get some width under those arches

Looks good, I like the fairly subtle colour coding of the gauge pod, something I've been considering actually, and it looks like you have made a good job of that open mouth. I'm finding myself more and more drawn to body colour bumpers too, either super s or 1/2 facelift with the black bumper stip. Excellent chice of gear knob :p

I think its let down by the tail lights and the colour coding of the boot handle and the rubbing strips - the latter I think would have been better removed completely. And get some width under those arches

Cheers, i often did thought of removing the side rubber stripes but i thought if i got into trouble taking them off and cant remove any residue then ill end up putting them back on to cover up so i decided just to leave it as it is and colour code it!!! with the width side of the wheels im contemplating on what size spacers i would need to use as my wheels are 14", with lights for now ill leave them but i still have my facelift 2001 rear lights to put on if i get bored.. the rear handle as colout coded i wanted also to do the handles but not sure if it goes...

Thanks again.

J

It looks very good, J!
(Y)(Y)(Y)
Frank's bushes are very easy to fit. All you need is Jack, Jimmy and a friend to push a bit :)

It looks very good, J!
(Y)(Y)(Y)
Frank's bushes are very easy to fit. All you need is Jack, Jimmy and a friend to push a bit :)

Cheers peposhi, as it goes i was gonna PM you about the bushes, wanna ask what setting does the bushes have to be for the wheels to be corrected?

Cheers

J

Back