Sunroof cleaning

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Hey,
Ive got a dirty dirty sunroof cover. You know, the bit that slides under the glass and protects your from the sun. The outside part is covered in red/brown dust :/

Any idea on how to get the darn thing out?
Thanks,
Tom

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
THis is quite a design fault...

THe only way I can see it happening is if you can get the star key required to undo the nuts holding the sunroof glass onto its rail sliders, remove the sunroof glass from the car and then close the little sheild and get in there with a vacuum/cleaner/rag.

Apply 303 Aerospace protectant afterwards as dust doesn't cling to it very well. Since I applied it to my dash i havent had to dust it once!

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Toma,

I would suggest openning the sunroof in tilt mode, closing the "blind" then using a step ladder to get up high so you can vaccum(using a narrow tip) and/or reach in through the gap to wipe from above. A bit of stuffing around but probably easier than dismantling.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Toma, yes the gap is quite small but hopefully just wide enough at the back to get your hand and arm inside.... or perhaps you have a little brother or sister with small hands/arms that can help ?. Worth a try anyway.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Just a little update,
I got this wonderful little thing from DickSmith for $15.
It sure does suck! :D Going to give that dust a good scare with this little thing. Its just the right size for the gap so ill give it a run this weekend.

Attachments

• 14179.jpg
    14179.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 19
Back