stripped out, classed as a modification.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
is stripping a car out classed under a modification on your insurance? as your not modifiying anything...your not adding your removing, so there is no uprated bits added!? would it be under a mdofiction or not is my question?

ive asked people and there not 100 percent.

cheers
dan

its changing the classification of the car from a 5 seater to a 1 or 2 seater though isnt it, i would think that would class as a modification.

Plus they would see it as lightening the car to make it go faster and removing padding from things making it more dangerous in an accident.

a roll cage would put your insurance up mega so iam lead to belive, they see it as you are gonna be a maniac on the road and drive like your in a race car thus more likley to crash.

the insurance wouldnt see you as making it lighter to go fast if you stripp it out..it puts your insurance down as there are less people in the car in case the event of a carsh/mishap.

You could do that with any mod though. I'm not saying you should but you could say you had just had it done and you were going home to declare it.

Unfortunately insurance companies are in it for the money and they will use anything as an excuse to not pay you. They will argue that you should have informed them previous to the modification.

Back