stearing rack probs

H

hannibal

Hi
Has anyone had any problems with the k10 stearing rack. Mine is moving side to side in the u clamp mountings. Tried to get new rubbers for it but no joy. Anyone know of a fix for this....thanks

Hi
Has anyone had any problems with the k10 stearing rack. Mine is moving side to side in the u clamp mountings. Tried to get new rubbers for it but no joy. Anyone know of a fix for this....thanks

yeh its very common just wrap some, ie, rubber around the rack body and fit the rubbers and clamps ontop :)

i have been told i have a slight steering rack problem any tale tale signs of it?

When i turn the stearing wheel from one direction to another the rack clonks (as if it was a worn trank rod end) i got a mate to wiggle the stearing wheel as i looked under the bonnet. I could see the rack moving about in its mountings...

ah ok well even though i have had tracking and balancing done and checked the tyres etc. it still pulls to the left slightly when breaking and 50+mph still shakes at 60+mph too lol think this could be steering rack?

ah ok well even though i have had tracking and balancing done and checked the tyres etc. it still pulls to the left slightly when breaking and 50+mph still shakes at 60+mph too lol think this could be steering rack?

sounds like a warped disk....mate

well striped the bushes out today...they fall apart........i have managed to get them orderd from japan for £7 each....result
they should be here on friday

well striped the bushes out today...they fall apart........i have managed to get them orderd from japan for £7 each....result
they should be here on friday

ah good news for you!
well i was thinking of investing in some brembos anyhow (Y) lets hope it stops there..

Back