Static shocks!!!

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Everytime i get out the car i get a pretty strong shock from any metal part. EVEN through jeans/jacket. i took the seat covers off as i thought these were creating the static but no luck. is there anything i can do to sort this? lol

cheers!

Its happening alot at the moment to quite a few people! its weather / atmospheric pressure or something like that related lol

Some people seem to be more prone to static shocks than others. I read about it once, summat to do with their blood or something. This is gonna sound wierd but I drive lots of different cars regularly, without getting static shocks, but EVERY TIME I get out of a Toyota Yaris I get a really painful shock..dunno what thats all about! Anyways, I found it helps to grab the metal of the door frame before you get out to discharge the static that's built up. Also you can get them strips that hang from the bottom of the car and touch the road...they help reduce static electricity build up which stops the shocks and can reduce road sickness.

Also footware:

Try some different shoes

If i move (any) of my K10 5 yards to get into the garage while Im waring my motorcycling safety gear (including boots) then I get a ZAP without fail....

..but not when in my normal shoes

I get them bad all the bloopin time. And strangely was worse in Spain!

Sorry slightly off the topic but I didnt see a single K10 in the full 2 weeks that I was i spain....but I saw 12 different K10's in the space if 3 days in Funchley north london on a business trip!!....lol

I get that in mine a lot. I'd put it down to combination of my clothes and the seat covers generating static. Never noticed it in the K10, maybe as theres less plastic/synthetic stuff in there?

EVERY TIME I get out of a Toyota Yaris I get a really painful shock
The one I learned to drive seemed to be 99% plastic so might explain it!

sammo; i didn't either!! I said to arnold he should take his to see everyones reaction lol

Lewic; i got loads out of my old Datsun. But then again i get them everywhere :(

so maybe them strips that hang down.. gonna get some of them and mont them in the middle of the car so u cant see them :) .. holding the door frame sometimes works. I've resorted to holding the metal part of the key really tight and touching this to the car so the spark jumps from the key to the car and not from the finger so the key feels the pain and not the finger. or get out without touching anything and close the dorr by pushing the window then use central locking.

i just wait for ems to get the shock before getting out the car. Works every time :p

Don't bother with those string things, they are quite useless especially when they wear away. Easiest way to avoid the shock is to open the door, grab hold of it and then step out, that way there is no jump from the car to you as the circuit is already made. Give it a try......used to get shocks all the time.

Agree with dave. I remember my dad used to get half foot static sparks when he got out of the old K10's when they were driving school cars in the dry summer days.. Looked quite impressive at night!!

Back