standard VTS speedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a VTS so its a 16V id rather see a VTR speedo as there the ones most drive!! and also a 1.1 west cost ect with the VTR bodykit!

i hate french cars! the best ever one was the pug 205 gti 1.9. respect to the 90's

ha,,just wait to see my speedo do that,,it will be very close

ill get a video up wen i get a dry road :D
edit: to 60

lol i thought I was about to watch something fast then lol.

well 7 seconds to sixty is very impressuve. not sure that a n/a micra could achieve that and still be a practical daily driver. think forced induction would be the way to go. but again its in a different class. its like comparing the micra to a ctr, focus rs, golf r32 etc. even the duper s wasnt meant to be a "hot hatch" just a bit sporty.

well 7 seconds to sixty is very impressuve. not sure that a n/a micra could achieve that and still be a practical daily driver. think forced induction would be the way to go. but again its in a different class. its like comparing the micra to a ctr, focus rs, golf r32 etc. even the duper s wasnt meant to be a "hot hatch" just a bit sporty.

I counted about 8 seconds to 60. Why do we always try and compare a 1.3 Micra to a 1.6 Saxo? It has what 120bhp standard, comparing to the 1.4 would be better. Either that or a Micra with a 1.6 put in it.

Still french cars are cack and it probably blew up after doing that.

Agree scotish sr. Even the 1.4 micra is only a true 1.35. You cannot compare different engine sizes.

chie said:
well good luck lads *gets coat and walks out* lol

not like you bud lol

i'm aiming at a similar 0-60 time over the next year, but doubt anything after 60 will keep up, bigger engine etc..

again why the vts, yes the modded 1.3 can beat vtr's but then is modded. as everyone says 1.2-1.4's should be the comparing category

:)

i counted about 8ish,,and i thought they would be quiker than that tbh

my car would beat in N/A :p

Titch said:
lol at this - Guys, we're not going to beat VTS's!!!
K11 or K12 - we'd get cuffed!

looking at that video,,its very close to mine to 60mph

a c2vts would kill a 1.3 k11 but the 160sr kills the c2vts,,all im saying it would be closer than what you think

that was just a general comment to everyone mate :). Now i think everyone knows, hard to beat with a 1.3 N/A engine.

yup will take a special N/A micra to beat a vts properly. i think a 0-60 similar to vts as in 8 sec could be achieved tho. may be dreaming tho lol

:)

at the end of the day, our micras maynot be as fast as a vts, thing is... were the land of the rising sun. the french... pure cack!

cack maybe, but faster cack then ours.

edit: I don't find them that bad, i've driven a 106 GTi and rode in them a fair bit. The build quality isnt amazing and the dash is a bit pap. Shifter is too long throw and the pedals are right next to each other. Other then that i wouldn't have a complaint about them.

speak for your self there son. my sis has a clio, va va voom. theirs a guy near me, with a supercharged VTS. he asked for a race in my scoobie.i showed him whos boss! hes the sort of guy.. spiked(look at my hair) wears gay clothing.he's too camp!

well your on a micra forum, i assume you own a micra, which its probably going to be faster then.

Plus if a supercharged VTS can't beat a scoobie there is something wrong there. I'm sure everyone has seen the video of the supercharged VTS beating an M3 down a 1/4.

stu0500 said:
speak for your self there son. my sis has a clio, va va voom. theirs a guy near me, with a supercharged VTS. he asked for a race in my scoobie.i showed him whos boss! hes the sort of guy.. spiked(look at my hair) wears gay clothing.he's too camp!

i think ive totally lost the plot of this conversation guys... is any of this relevent? :S

also a 1.1 west cost ect with the VTR bodykit!

the west coast is 1.4 - a 1.1 is known as an east coast ;)

Oh and a 1.3 SR can easily out run a west coast - i've both beaten and been beaten by VTR's - so i think it could depend on the driver more than anything else.

i have a video of my speedo 0-60 now that i just done tonight,in the wet :D and you can even see the speedo stop for a bit wen it starts to spin,,,and even with that ide say its very close,,on a dry surface ide fancy my chances :)

poor video i did myself with the mobile but you can see what you need to,i cant upload the file so if i can send it to anyone that will post it for me that would be cool,cheers

the vts's are quite nippy. i used to have a 106gti which is basically the same car and it was great fun! they handle really well too!

french cars dont have the best build quality, but they are good cars, and from experiance tend to be the best handling cars!

iv had 6 french cars now and my current clio 16v is the best handling car iv owned by far (much better than my old scooby) and it honestly kicks some serious arse on track! im talkin scoobies, evo's, skylines (all within reason) and im not talking poo either :)

really your clio beats evo's and skylines? sorry i find it hard to believe, no offence intended dude. do you have much work done to the suspension?

none taken mate :) but yeh its far from standard! suspension wise its on coilovers with wider front track conversion, strut brace, uprated poly bushes etc! engine is 2.0 16v on throttle bodies so making it 240bhp per ton! its not shy, and great fun playing with the big boys as its the last thing they expect from a french hatch hehe :)

thats providing it doesnt break down of course hehe!

the video of the vts last 25seconds, in which the car nearly hits 110mph, the speedo hits 60 at about 8.5secs(at a guess coz its between 8 and 9secs) surely a 1.3N/A tuned and stripped out could compete

hughes_16v said:
the video of the vts last 25seconds, in which the car nearly hits 110mph, the speedo hits 60 at about 8.5secs(at a guess coz its between 8 and 9secs) surely a 1.3N/A tuned and stripped out could compete

mine as standard could,if sum1 can post the video for me

I thought that it was goingto be a trck day, so not just a straight drag?
I think that that would even it up a bit, but the VTS would still win, but would be faily close up to 70-80ish

looks pretty good rik, hard to see whats going on though.

i uploaded my standard micra. Nowt amazing, just a standard 1.3 :)

Attachments

• MOV00003.3gp
    668.6 KB · Views: 229
Ian said:
looks pretty good rik, hard to see whats going on though.

i uploaded my standard micra. Nowt amazing, just a standard 1.3 :)

isnt too bad, your car hit 80 in 30secs, vts did 110 in 25, vts are gona cream the micras

hughes_16v said:
isnt too bad, your car hit 80 in 30secs, vts did 110 in 25, vts are gona cream the micras

yep,,i had at least 45stone of passenger including me in the 160sr and robbo kept with me but didnt get past and i pulled away on the bendy road,,his k11 isnt slow and its stripped out,lol the 160sr hates passengers :D

hughes_16v said:

mine did 80 in 20 seconds. If you time it from when the camera shakes, just before the car actually starts moving.

Like Ed pointed out earlier, comparing a 1.6 16v with a 1.3 16v is hardly a comparison, different class all together and totally pointless IMO. Shame people cannot see this, and why a certain Saxo driver insisted on getting cained by that Audi.............they never seem to think about what they are trying to race, big or small LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back