Sr20det Convertion

FWD and RWD blocks are not the same on the SR. Similar but not the same.

CA18DET (S13) however is a different matter. But CA's are heavy iron boat anchors like the GA16.

iam on about bell houseing to gearbox dosen't matter about engine mounts i was told the stud fixing pattern the same
CA18DET (S13) however is a different matter
ok tell me about it,whats it in and whats the bhp

hmm i shouldnt have mentioned it. CA's are an older motor and you should really just forget about them... I was using it as an example where you could take the RWD motor and actually put it in a FWD car as long as you had the appropriate mounts.

iam planning on still using a sr20det turbo lump in an fwd convertion. however if the sr20 bell houseing dont match up to a sr20det block i shall have an adapter plate made up like the one on the autograss k11 which uses the sr20 engine with the vauxhall astra f20 box or better still the 6 speed f28 one.
the sr20det is only a turbo verion of the n/a sr20 anyway and both use the same alloy block not bovered about engine mounts thay can be easy made

Keep in mind you'll also need the 200SX loom and ECU. RWD SR's arent a distributer-type ignition.

Personally I think you'd be better off just getting a FWD SR20DET to start with...

Yom said:
Keep in mind you'll also need the 200SX loom and ECU. RWD SR's arent a distributer-type ignition.

Personally I think you'd be better off just getting a FWD SR20DET to start with...
is it the same as the summy gti r pulsar and what other cars its in

Bob, please read what you write before you post!

GTIR is the only SR20DET FWD, its also the strongest of all SR20DET engines.

Your posts are hard to read, look above. James just pointed out to me some old bluebirds also had fwd SR20DET. Wont be throttlebody ones I doubt with the same internals etc as a pulsar however.

Only issue with the 200sx SR20 is the bellhousing...everything else can be made to fit, but the intake will be back to front, and you will practically need all mounts, and ancilleries from a FWD SR20DE to make things easier.

Easiest option is to use the GTiR engine with a SR20DE FWD gearbox, like the Almera GTi, Sunny GTi or Primera (e)GT/eZX.

Either that or import a U12/13 SR20DET from a Japanese blubird.

Actually ed there's quite a few fwd SR20DET's in japan.

U12, U13 are some of the more common ones but there's more newer models arriving, like Avenirs (WP10?), Wingroads (N30), even T30 xtrail GT had an SR20VET (increddibly rare and ultra expensive though)...

None are quite like the rnn14 though. You really can call the Rnn14 sr20det a factory crazy-man's special.

Yeah after looking there were several, none your ever going to find in the UK however.

Thats right. They're all imported from japan in the form of engine on crate or frontcut! And you've got equal chances of the motor being a dud/screwed/worn out/worked/thrashed/babied/etc.

Not a nice way to spend a few thousand bucks (or a few hundred pounds!).

Back