Squeeking/squeeling

Robert

Ex. Club Member
My car's been making squeeky squeely noises lately.. Bit stuck as to what it can be.. It's coming from the front wheels, the passenger side i think.

Originally one of my arch liners was hanging down and i assumed it was that rubbing on the tyre, that's now sorted but the squeek's still there.

The squeek goes away when i brake, the clutch makes no difference.
If i turn slightly to the right it seems to stop, which I think would rule out it being because of the brake.

Someone suggested wheel bearings, any other suggestions welcome :)

I had thought that, but because it stops when i turn i thought that would rule out it being brake related?

robert

one of your calipers might be sticking a bit, and holding a pad too close, and the slight play in the bearings would add pressure when turning maybe

Ah, I'l stick some copper stuff in there when i get a chance then, I'll let you know how i get one, cheers frank!

robert

just sand the rust off and grease it, but if the piston is sticking, it,ll depend on the condition, if its gummed up, it should clean up ok, but if the water has got in and rusted up, it might be unservicable

Right, just had my car in the garage for a handling problem, and mentioned the noises i've been getting.

Apparently one of the front brakes is binding.. How do i resolve it? And would this cause the noise?

Back