Sortingthe paint work out

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
I was watching Wheeler Dealers last night and the guy was fixing up a MR2 and the paintwork was wasted, especially the bonnet.

He used a compound called G3 and it worked a treat from the looks of it.

Has anyone used it?
Is this the stuff?
There seems to be different ones, liquid, rubbing compound, polish, any idea which to use?

Looks like it, I really do like that show though, love the way he said that torsion bars are easy to change when they did the Pug 205, I did a mate's one and it was nowhere near as easy as, undo nuts, twist, replace...
Hmm a bit OT

yeah mate thats the stuff, theres different ones they have different grades of grit in them i think, a lighter grit for just polishing or a more coarse grit for polishing out scratches etc. you will probably be best with a powered polisher rather than just doing it by hand, and you have to keep the area wet aswell otherwise the compound burns the paint apparently!

g3 fairlica is a cutting paste it comes in grade from harsh to paste similar to t-cut. it is good. normally used when getting a fine finish on a new paint job.

hire out a mop, use water with the cutting paste as you will burn youre paint

lol at James! T cut on steroids, hehehehe

My paint is full on light scratches and is starting to dull, I want to try to restore it as much before looking into re-sray just yet.
So which one you guys recommend?

Back