Smoke when booting

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Been told i get a puff of whiteish blue smoke out of the K11 when i boot it. I think this is a sign of head gasket failure? Can someone confirm this for me please :) Think i'll be getting a bottle of K-Seal tomorrow at work haha

could just be a little bit of moisture in the exhaust... try giving it a decent run then have a bash at booting it! :p
i have notice a couple of flat spots throughout the rev range which i am putting down to old age... :suspect:

all cars smoke tbh just how it is like if theres condensation etc! or poor quality fuel can do it to so im led to believe lol

Just checked oil and water levels,water/coolant is fine...but was abit low on the oil. Abit low is exagerated...i had to put just over 2ltrs of oil in and it then was on the max mark on the dip stick...oops!

Just checked oil and water levels,water/coolant is fine...but was abit low on the oil. Abit low is exagerated...i had to put just over 2ltrs of oil in and it then was on the max mark on the dip stick...oops!

just the usual 1.3 tired oil control rings then eh

Nothing to worry about then? Last thing i need is me being 6-8 weeks away from being boosted and i need to do a head gasket change lol

dw i checked my mums oil today and it was dry as a bone the silly woman

had to put in the full recomended amount before it got to the high mark on the dippo

If you watch the youtube vid linked on here of the two Skylines at the Nurburgring, they blew a whoosh of smoke every gear change. Maybe just oil being forced through the turbo bearings or something Chris. Like El Franko says, if the level isn't dropping and everthing seems ok, don't sweat it :).

I'm gonna add paranoia now, this sounds exactly what mine was doing. It did it for a long time but was very annoying and in the end it was the head gasket failure and left me stranded.

I thought it was maybe a valve, but ran fine. It was only burning excess oil when i booted it so it didn't loose lots of oil. Then its started over heating one day and 2 weeks later pop. Did try and repair the over heating in the 2 weeks.:down:

Same as mine was, it was fine just had this puff occasionally when booting it, i think its signs of wear and it just took extra time to give up completely.

Back