Severe tyre wear and front n/s knock

Hi all,
My 's' reg Micra twister has developed a knock from the front n/s suspension (especially over potholes), also over the last 1000 miles or so I have virtually lost all the tread from the outer quarter of both front tyres (n/s is worse though).
I suspect wishbone/bushes/track rods.
Am I on the right lines?
Also, is it an easy job to replace them all, I have ball separators etc, and a good engineering grounding.
But before I buy all the bits, is it easy (no special nissan tools req)??

hi ex_fordman..........i done this a few weeks back, i replaced the full bottom arm with balljoint in tacked, the balljoint needs to be pressed out and a new one pressed in, if you just replace the balljoint on its own. i also replaced both droplinks a few weeks before hand. has one had snapped and needed replacing what a xxxx of a job that was, glad i did it like cos one end has to come off the lower suspension arm to replace the arm or balljoint...........dont need no special niissan tools...as long as ya got a decant tool kit .....spanners and sockects thats all i used think the biggest was 19mm....one thing to watch out for is when putting it back on one of the two bolts at the back of the arm where its bolted in the chassis snapped so that had to be ground off and drilled thru the chassis and floor to replace with nut and bolt.................. hope that helps

andy

Back