• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

RIP 2011-2014 Skymera's K11

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey dont use led interior light. i bought it from ebay so it was best seller. i put in my micra so two days later, it was flashing so it was pissed me off.

i bought another bright one today so its not led one. i will find out tonight

hey dont use led interior light. i bought it from ebay so it was best seller. i put in my micra so two days later, it was flashing so it was pissed me off.

i bought another bright one today so its not led one. i will find out tonight
Oh, this one came from eBay for £2.70 :(

But I just had a brainwave to make it fit. Kitchen FOIL rolled up to pack the gap out.

BGIbl.jpg

mgrY1.jpg

Little bit of an update

Decided to purchase myself a new back box. After looking at what's available and what eBay has to offer I decided on the Sportex
-Direct fit
-Nice size
-Not too loud

All the eBay ones were 3inch. I thought 3inch was a bit rude so bought a 2.5" one from the Sportex website to be made to order for a sum of £120. Ouch.

Anyway, after much complaining to the company that my exhaust still hadn't arrived after nearly 2 weeks I get a knock at the door today, my Sportex :D

H4AIV.jpg

aHpJL.jpg

AUU4Y.jpg

cn2UR.jpg

DW6ng.jpg

Sound is nice and volume is just right.

Cruising it's pretty much inaudible and only really gets noticeable over 3k rpm

That's with a coilpack centre silencer also mind you.

Cut the wire to stop the dim headlight turning with the sidelights :)
hVTpS.jpeg

52Esa.jpeg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

EDIT: Just noticed the other picture isn't clear, it seems to have focused on my lovely and clean carpet xD

You got anymore info on this plug mate? where can i find it? just cut the yellow wire and the sides are seperate? :)

If you pull the fuse box cover off to the right of the steering wheel, it's in there tucked up the top.

I forget which yellow wire mind you! Hopefully my pic is clear enough once you see your plug :)

I would check but currently at work

Mines a 96. I don't think the BN1 or BN2 differ in terms of fitment. I'm using a face lift centre pipe exhaust and a BN1 system with no problems.

fair enough bud :), got any videos of you giving it a rev?
Quick one after work. Apologies for the lack of sound quality. Forgot to switch camera back to 1080p!

You get the idea, idle is low rumble, cruising is very quiet and WOT is a nice sound that isn't TOO loud.

Quick one after work. Apologies for the lack of sound quality. Forgot to switch camera back to 1080p!

You get the idea, idle is low rumble, cruising is very quiet and WOT is a nice sound that isn't TOO loud.

That actually sounds pretty cool. Reminds me of the famous pugsport exhaust for peugeot 106s

Not much going on at all recently. Got money being saved for some nice OEM bits and a new lump.

My arches. Those ones yep. The ones I ruined with a jack handle and a blow torch.
Well, I was looking at them the other day with a friend who used to work in a body shop, he says the wheel arches at the rear themselves are okay, pretty smooth and round. It's just both rear quarters dented to hell but he's adamant he can pull them out and add a skim of filler to even anything out then a quick coat of paint and blend it all in.

The front arches are just a case of 2 new wings with a small roll. I had to roll my current wings out a LOT due to +ve camber :rolleyes:

I was looking at overarches, but the style I want are just out of the question. Too much money for what they are.

And I almost had a bit of a result the other day with this:

419315_10150664549834271_830363526_n.jpg
Ripspeed y0

A local TJ4 blue Micra popped its clogs and the owner was going to scrap it, I almost had:
- Both colour coded bumpers
- Both wings
- Bonnet
- and grill

For just £50. But I think someone bought the car as a whole, bit gutted :( Nevermind, plenty more (I hope).

The car's looking real nice chap. I think you should keep repping the poverty spec bumpers, they suit the big wide steelies really well I think. It'd lose a bit of it's charm with colour codies.

You gonna hit up JAE this year? We were lacking in numbers for the low+wide crew last year :D

The car's looking real nice chap. I think you should keep repping the poverty spec bumpers, they suit the big wide steelies really well I think. It'd lose a bit of it's charm with colour codies.

You gonna hit up JAE this year? We were lacking in numbers for the low+wide crew last year :D

I like my plastic bumpers :) Can't help but feel colour bumpers would make my care seem...less base model.
I should be a JAE, all depends on finances. I'd really like the bodywork sorted before the shows start, got plenty of time to save :)

I'm a good inch or so higher than a few months ago. I did have about 6mm between my roll bar and the ground.. on totally flat road.

It was a nightmare and although looked cool to some it wasn't worth ruining the unerside of my car for a few mm.

A bit more ground clearance and it's so much more practical.

We are probs about the same height on the front now Scott! Bar the splitter lol
My lowest point was when my splitter casually rested on the ground when parked up. A good inch or more lower :(

Being that low caused driveshaft problems. The rear shocks always bottomed out. Smallest camber in the road bottomed the car out.
Was uncomfortable as hell! It's not worth it.

My lowest point was when my splitter casually rested on the ground when parked up. A good inch or more lower :(

Being that low caused driveshaft problems. The rear shocks always bottomed out. Smallest camber in the road bottomed the car out.
Was uncomfortable as hell! It's not worth it.

Was driving on a country road the other day in mine and the camber in the road caught what I'm pretty sure was my gear linkage. My gear stick jumped up quite a bit!

You're definitely about as low as a Micra can go without throwing air ride into the mix. And as we all know

Air%20Ride%20Is%20For%20Pussies.jpg

Was driving on a country road the other day in mine and the camber in the road caught what I'm pretty sure was my gear linkage. My gear stick jumped up quite a bit!

You're definitely about as low as a Micra can go without throwing air ride into the mix. And as we all know

Air%20Ride%20Is%20For%20Pussies.jpg

Bags are for fags y0 ;)

Excellent.

C0nb91a.jpg

But I do wish you'd spuff a tenner on a tin of nearly colour matched paint and blow it over those patches of primer - It would tidy it up no end.

Excellent.

But I do wish you'd spuff a tenner on a tin of nearly colour matched paint and blow it over those patches of primer - It would tidy it up no end.

Ah yes yes Markus Bognus :(
They're my #1 to do this year. Honestly, the primer makes it all look worse than it really is.
Once I get the dents pulled and filled and a couple wings, I'll get a lick of TJ4 paint on there.
http://www.1aautoparts.co.uk/client/index.php?action=prod_detail&cat_id=78&subcat_id=328&prod_id=650

That's the same paint I used to paint my "Smooth grill". Extremely good paint. I'm a little concerned that if I paint the arches with it you'll see a noticeable line from old to new paint.

As above, or tidy them up so its a smooth arc not like a hexagon, and paint em black :)
The hexagon was my rushed masking. If I knew I'd have them like this for SO long I would have taken my time and made a nice smooth shape then fake rivet holes with a Sharpie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back