Removing rear screen

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Anyone ever done this, the trim at the top of mine is come unstuck so I'm looking to rip it our and then silicone it back in place.

Cheers

Anyone ever done this, the trim at the top of mine is come unstuck so I'm looking to rip it our and then silicone it back in place.

Cheers

won't work, i removed mine and it NEVER went back in, ended up fitting a new hatch in the end as the garage wanted £90 to refit it!

its a very common fault with the micras

won't work, i removed mine and it NEVER went back in, ended up fitting a new hatch in the end as the garage wanted £90 to refit it!

its a very common fault with the micras

Ah, no, I'm not looking to stick the rubber wiuth silicone, I'm looking to bond the rear screen back in with it (or Sikafresh as suggested above).

I would imagine that the glass is probbly about 1/3rd the weight of the boot....

Ah, no, I'm not looking to stick the rubber wiuth silicone, I'm looking to bond the rear screen back in with it (or Sikafresh as suggested above).

I would imagine that the glass is probbly about 1/3rd the weight of the boot....

ah ok fair enough, if it was me i would get an autoglass place to do it, you don't want that thing falling out.

i think they use some kind of thermal bonding stuff, it goes on hot.

Back