remote central locking

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
this is annoying me, when i unlock my doors with the wee remote thing the lock again, so i unlcok them and they lock!!!! allways after 5 times of the same thing it stops!!

anyone know why this is?

If its the remote playing up have you changed the batteries, do you have central locking in the car. Do you have the same problem once inside the car?

first port of call is to check for a damaged wires, most likely a door strip and a lower dash strip. If that fails the controller may be faulty and need replacing, atm i can't think were it lives in a K11

the catroller is under the dash on the driver's side i think (to locate it, work the central locking while looking/feeling under dash, or look in haynes manual). try disconnecting the unit then re-connecting it again. this method has proved to work in the past.

the catroller is under the dash on the driver's side i think (to locate it, work the central locking while looking/feeling under dash, or look in haynes manual). try disconnecting the unit then re-connecting it again. this method has proved to work in the past.

Make sure it's correctly tuned to your cat and not interfereing with next doors Moggy

first thing i do and the first thing you should do is to see what door motor is making a noise thats different to the other this will be easy to tell as one will go eerrr and all the others that are ok should be nearly silent, the one that makes that noise is the one that is faulty.

if you strip down the door that the motor is making a funny noise then disconnect it and shut the door and unlock the car i can 99.9% say the fault with the door locking again will be backl to normal.

so a new door lock motor is required or you can just disconnect it and all the other doors will work fine

its rare for the controller to go on the k11's

Back